Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: You want to complain! Look at these shoes.

Started by broodblik, 20 July, 2022, 04:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Sin/Dex, of course, did end, in 2011, with Now & Again.

Then it started up again in 2013 with the Witless Protection arc. The bigger complaint I hear is that it's only published in dribs and drabs, but given that Dabnett is so prolific with other thrills, and in other mediums, that's to be expected.

I was never a *huge* fan, mostly joining in for the Simon Davis version of the character design. I think the last time I took it seriously as a narrative was probably Mission to Mangapore, which was 22 years ago!

Still, just when I think the horse's entrails have been beaten to such a pulp as to be unrecognizable as ever having belonged to a mammal, along comes something like The Gangbusters (2018) or The Thing in the Thing (2022) to remind me that there's bullets in them thar monkeys yet.

---

Oh, and Skip Tracer sucks. That's not my vote - I just feel the need to repeat it to myself like a soothing mantra. The amount people were whining about how bad it was (before I'd read any of it), I was utterly determined to like it, just to provide some balance to the debate. But ... it's just all a bit second-rate Strontium Dog. You know there's a problem when fighting minotaurs is dull. Good for Tharg, though - giving those creators somewhere to hone their skills. (I suppose there must be a fan base somewhere, as it's chugging along in its seventh series.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

O Lucky Stevie!

"Free Comics Book Day? But what about the subscribers?"
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

Voting Closed

With the Complain Department now closed it boils down to the fact that people who has not read the prog tells everyone the prog is no good
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

broodblik

Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 July, 2022, 10:54:05 AM
Where can I go to complain about that result... ?

The defunct Complains Department which closed shop because of complains related to complains that was all about complains and nothing else but complains.