Main Menu

FFT - 3rd place play-off - Nemesis the Warlock vs Lawless

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 September, 2022, 06:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

Nemesis the Warlock - more info

VS

Lawless - more info

3rd place play-off are normally a drab affair tucked anyway shame faced before the final. No one is really caring, no one is really paying attention. Heck many football tournaments have done away with them. This one however is more Olympian in its ambition. This one feels like there is a LOT to play for. Nemesis is bruised after its shock defeat to Dante. Lawless is fighting for the honour of the Meg. This one is hot and both thrills will want that bronze medal badly. After all, they always say 4th is the worst place to come... I mean it's not not, going out in Round 1 is quite clearly worse, but it stokes up the drama!

Form book - Thrills vanquished to date (in order of round met earliest to latest):

Nemesis: Bison; Indigo Prime; Defoe; Insurrection; Zenith; Kingdom; terrible defeat

Lawless: Samizdat Squad; Chimpsky's Law; Mazeworld; Thistlebone; Firekind; Brink; crushed by favourite

3rd place play-off - I'd like to pretend this is to give these epic thrills more space and time to be commented on AND I think we'll allow them an extra day to run as only two ties all week. So to make sure everyone gets the chance we'll wrap up on... well I'll come to that.

To Vote Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 16th September and the winner gets a place in the Semi Finals.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Early voting, early voting... mustn't get my hopes up...

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 September, 2022, 07:35:54 AM

The Nemesis voters like to sleep late and thus only vote quite late
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 12 September, 2022, 07:43:58 AM

Seriously they do. In both the Dante and Zenith votes Nemesis voter held their powder and sent a volley of votes towards the end. it has to be said they know how to play the drama!

abelardsnazz

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 September, 2022, 08:08:55 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 12 September, 2022, 07:43:58 AM

Seriously they do. In both the Dante and Zenith votes Nemesis voter held their powder and sent a volley of votes towards the end. it has to be said they know how to play the drama!

If it is not for the drama everything would have been quite boring

NapalmKev

Nemesis is classic and I initially wasn't a fan of Lawless but grew to love it a great deal...

Lawless it is then!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Aaron A Aardvark

On paper this is a toughie. The design of Nemesis vs the cast of Lawless. Lawless is the perfect Dredd spin-off, Nemesis has more ambition than that. Nemesis is a prick, Meta is likeable and her ups and downs genuinely affecting. In the end, I enjoyed Lawless all the way through, Nemesis less so.

Lawless.

rogue69

AlexF

I take your point that this 3/4 place play-off is perhaps more fun than most footballing equivalents. But I gotts confess, after the high drama of the last few rounds of awesome debate, I'm not inclined to weigh up the relative merits of these two substantial and fantastic thrills, and will just give my vote, happily, to

Nemesis the Warlock.