Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 2 - Zombo vs Devlin Waugh

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 September, 2022, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

Zombo - more info

VS

Devlin Waugh - more info

The other thing you will have to get used to in these What if? Ties is me indulging myself. So here's one to introduce that concept. What if? The two of Colin.ynwa's favourite theills, that got the toughest ride in this tourney and went out far too early had the chance to meet?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 22nd September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Devlin. Particularly for the Ales Kot iteration. And because I can't bloody stand Zombo.

SBT

Blue Cactus

Quite enjoyed Zombo and it looked glorious. But I'm not keen to have it back.

My vote's for Devlin and I hope the Kot iteration comes back for another long run as soon as possible.

NapalmKev

Two great strips but my vote goes to...

Devlin Waugh.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

IndigoPrime

abelardsnazz

Devlin Waugh who was robbed being knocked out so early.

Rogue Judge

I've read little of either, but from what I have, it's Zombo.

Magnetica

Funt Solo

Zombo has some genuine laugh out loud moments and runs deliberately at a baseline of eleventy-stupid. It knows what it's doing. The Dredd crossover (The Immigrant from the 2020 Sci-Fi Special) was perhaps the pinnacle.

But Devlin Waugh is in another dimension. Take your pick from Swimming in Blood launching the second volume of the Megazine, the Herod trilogy being probably the best thing in the prog in '99, Red Tide kicking ass and taking names with Colin MacNeil's art or most recently the dark mirror of Ales Kot's Lord of Lies sequence providing some truly disturbing reflections.

It's a nom-brainer (sic): Devlin Waugh!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Aaron A Aardvark

rogue69