Main Menu

From Grace Graphic Novel

Started by Cthulouis, 16 November, 2006, 05:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

Hi there, I'm currently looking for a copy of the From Grace graphic novel from a while back that I'm almost sure actually existed.

Only problem is, I can't get the internet to admit to this existence.  

So, did it really exist, or am I going mad?

If it does exist, how can I get hold of a copy?

I notice that theres a Storming Heaven collection coming out soon, but the problem is that I want this as a present for my girlfriend. She loved the Necronaughts collection I got her, and I reckon she'll also love From Grace. She would probably also like A Love Like Blood and Storming Heaven.

On the other hand, there is no way in hell I could ever give her Reefer Madness, Monsters of Rock or Mars Needs Mates without her turning round and saying "what kind of shit is this you read and are trying to pass off as some sort of ill conceived present???"

I want to give her a good impression of 2000ad, and as such am willing to sacrifice the other two main stories to avoid admitting that those three smaller stories never happened.  

It is possibly worth noting that I am at present quite pissed. The idea is at present a fleeting fancy, and perhaps when I awake I will see the humor in these three stories and decide to wait till the new book comes out.

However, From Grace is, in my opinion anyway, by far the best of that lot, and a lovely thing to have on its own, whereas I can just poke my old back progs at her if I want her to read the other stories.

So, I'll stop rambling now and go to sleep. Anyone out there able to help my quest?

ukdane

From Grace has not yet been released as a trade.
However, it will be collected in the Storming Heaven trade due for release soon.
All the stories you mention above, including From Grace will be collected in the book.
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

Get the Storming Heaven book (when it comes out) and carefully apply a stanley knife to the offending pages, to create a book you're proud to show to others.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Cthulouis

I was so sure there had been a hardback From Grace collection. Must have gone slightly completely mad!

Upon a more sober reflection it occurs to me that my one problem that the whole sex, drugs and rock and roll = evil stories is that they weren't quite tounge in cheek *enough*. That is, rather than being parodies of those old stories where the narrator turns round and says "remember kids, don't do drugs!" , they just ended up *being* those stories.

Looking back though, I was perhaps a little harsh to call them shit just because they weren't quite my thing. Ah, drunken internet posting, what a wonderful thing:)

(it amuses me that this spell check that Firefox is forcing on my ramblings doesn't recognize the word internet unless it's spelt with a capital letter, which just goes to show that computers are becoming far too self obsessed and will one day rise up to kill us all. On the other hand, it also doesn't believe I've spelt "spelt" right, which does not bode well...)

Dark Jimbo

I'm glad someone else felt like they'd missed the point of the 'sex, drugs and rock and roll = evil stories'. I was waiting for some big twist or clever turnaround or a level of subtext or irony that never actually came. They were fun, but I'm still not quite sure what they were attempting.
@jamesfeistdraws

Oddboy

I expect it want's you to use the word "spelled" instead.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Apostrophe crime!

Ten years, Oddcreep!

- Trout

ThryllSeekyr

I've just noticed 'The Storming Heaven' GN on the other website just now. It almost slipped underneath my radar. I may be interested in buying this for other short stories included.

Not to mention, the main attraction looks worth a read.

Question, when did it first feature in the magazine as I have only started collecting again this year.