Main Menu

Search Bar!!

Started by 500, 12 August, 2011, 10:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Due to the increasing amount of topics / posts that are popping up across the forum regarding the search bar I thought I would start a dedicated topic on the subject:

Currently the search bar doesn't work!

I am working on a fully integrated user system across all 4 of our sites (2000adonline.com / forums.2000adonline.com / shop.2000adonline.com / wiki.2000adonline.com) this means that if you sign up to one site you have access to all 4 of them without having to sign up again or (potentially) sign into them all individually.

Along with a search system that pulls results from all 4 sites, I understand that the search feature is an important part of the forum which is why I am building the new user system in stages starting with the search functionality, but there is a lot of work involved with searching 4 sites that are located on different servers so please bear with me.

I believe the system is about 75% complete so should go into beta testing early next week*

*no promises though as we have a lot on at the moment

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Emperor

Until it is fixed this gives some search ability:

www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fforums.2000adonline.com+dredd
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

It's now in beta stage but has been temporarily put on hold pending a server migration

Proudhuff

Quote from: 500 on 25 August, 2011, 08:55:39 AM
It's now in beta stage but has been temporarily put on hold pending a server migration

Like wilderbeasts?
DDT did a job on me

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 August, 2011, 11:31:04 AM
Quote from: 500 on 25 August, 2011, 08:55:39 AM

Like wilderbeasts?

Kind of.

Thats the trouble with free range servers, the insist on doing their own thing...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

And another BUMP before it vanishes again. The amount of postings of the same thing is starting to slightly annoy, so come on!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Zarjazzer

Bump again. Can we have our search bar back please?
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Yes WHERE is this extremely useful device  :o

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

James Stacey

I had a look but couldn't find it. Maybe a search function would help

Right then,

I have finally managed to put together a beta version of the new fully integrated search system (inc full forum options) and have now uploaded it to the server  :)

To use the system just use the search bar (top right) then click 'advanced search' to refine.

This system is beta, there will be bugs so please report any you find here and I will try to fix them whenever I get time (we have a big project on the go at the moment but I should get an opportunity every now and then).

Apologies for the delay, I did 95% of the system a few weeks back but had to shelve it due to a few more pressing matters (blame w3bz for making me work on other projects  :lol:)