Main Menu

Wanted: 2000ad Collectorline box and/or Thrill Containment Binder

Started by leehorton, 20 July, 2020, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leehorton

Hello,

I am after 1 Collectorline 2000ad/Mag white comic box. Has anybody got one spare I could buy off them?

I have 12 boxes which contain my complete collection. The curse which afflicts all collectors has risen yet again - I've run out of thrill power containment! (The empty cardboard box of frozen chips pinched from my local pizza shop is really letting the side down).

Does anyone know where to buy a one off box. If someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great.

My other option is to try to obtain a thrill containment binder... due to my OCD it needs to be the one before the current one.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

rogue69

leehorton

Thanks for the reply, Rogue.

I contacted my local Comic shop before the lockdown and asked for the 2000ad Collectorline box. He replied "2000ad. Is that still on the go?".

I just looked around and found that I got my other boxes from Ace Comics mail order. My problem is I only need 1 box. £23.75 for two too many. I just thought there might be someone around these parts who had a spare one.

CalHab

Maybe I'm in a bit of a bubble here, but a comics shop that doesn't know 2000AD is "still on the go" is baffling. Does the owner have an interest in comics?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 21 July, 2020, 08:42:37 AM
Maybe I'm in a bit of a bubble here, but a comics shop that doesn't know 2000AD is "still on the go" is baffling. Does the owner have an interest in comics?

Or even bother to look what comics are available for them to sell to their customers!

sheridan

Shame comic boxes always seem to be cardboard.  Last time I asked if anybody knew of any plastic comic boxes on this forum the only reply I got was 'try these cardboard ones' :-O

leehorton

The guy in the shop said that he didn't stock 2000ad. That's when I took an immediate dislike to him and his shop! He told me that customers had popped in in the past to try and get progs when Smith's had sold out their copies.

I think I'm going to order the 3 boxes from Ace Comics. The problem I have is that I only need one box because I switched to the Thrill Containment binders at the beginning of the year. My complete collection of progs is in 11 boxes. I recently set about bagging and boarding the first 500 progs and the extra protection has caused a knock on effect so that I can't fit 'em all back in my existing boxes. As problems go it's quite a small but annoying one.

On the subject of binders has anyone else had a problem with last half dozen strings? I filled my first one last week. They don't seem to have enough give in them. It's tricky to slip the prog in without getting slightly crumpled top and bottom.

Pyroxian

Quote from: sheridan on 21 July, 2020, 11:46:48 AM
Shame comic boxes always seem to be cardboard.  Last time I asked if anybody knew of any plastic comic boxes on this forum the only reply I got was 'try these cardboard ones' :-O

There's probably a Really Useful Box that's the right size. I seepm to recall that the 19L ones are the right size for American comics, but not sure what size would store 2000 AD ones.

sheridan

Quote from: Pyroxian on 21 July, 2020, 03:56:12 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 21 July, 2020, 11:46:48 AM

There's probably a Really Useful Box that's the right size. I seepm to recall that the 19L ones are the right size for American comics, but not sure what size would store 2000 AD ones.

I saw one of those in the DIY shop the other week - thanks for reminding me!  Yes, it looked about the right dimensions though it was about twice the length of a comic box I could safely lift.  I looked around to see if there were any about a third or half the length but didn't see any at the time (also I didn't have a comic handy to test, funnily enough).  I'll have to have a look for a catalogue to check on dimensions.

rogue69

There are a few sites on eBay that do sell plastic comic boxes for around the £10-£15 price range that seem to do both US and UK comic sizes like the one below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000ad-magazine-Storage-Box-Strong-plastic-Box-Filing-A4-black-finish/332786872129?