Main Menu

Cheap Thrills - the only January sale you'll want in 2012

Started by Emperor, 01 January, 2012, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

Quote from: wonkychop on 15 January, 2012, 10:56:07 PM
Something else as well, i'd love to see an edition of "Return to Armageddon" released - what are the chances of that happening in the future??

There's been quite a lot of people saying that so I'm quietly hopeful we'll get it one day. And when that day comes, I am SO going to get it straight away! :D
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Gonk

My stuff came this morning : three volumes of Robo-Hunter to keep me going through the dark cold  January nights. Three for the price of one - happy days!
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spaceghost

Just liberated my parcel from the local sorting office this weekend. Complete Ro-Busters, Ace Trucking Vol 2 and Dante: Hell and High Water. Cheap as buggery and in lovely condition.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Judge MANSON

Wow!!!! And I have just ordered other comic books...  :(

I want to buy the Progs from the 1500 to the 1605, or if I have enough money (ahem... *cough* *cough*), from the 1220 to the 1605 plus all the 2000AD Prog 200x too!!!

Please!!!! Help a Judge Dredd fanboy!!!! Give me your money!!!!! (PM me your credit card numbers, you perps!!  :lol: )
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

AntonyCatton

Hurray!!!! First 2 of my 10 orders has arrived today(thanks to my neighbour for taking it as I was @ work).well chuffed. :D.on the downside had a email saying that halo Jones is sold out so will get a refund.ordered it on the 3rd though so not happy about that.worried I may get afew more of these emails in the next few days. :'(.

Zarjazzer

I have got me Necronauts and Mega city undercover and Shakara. I need cheering up as I have a dreadful cold and even being off work doesn't make me feel better. :(  Hurry up postie!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Grey M@a

I ordered Complete Nemesis the Warlock Book 1 and 2 on the 7th Jan, just waiting for them to arrive now. Got my hands on Book 3 from The Book Depository so once I get the 2000AD delivery I will attempt to read them on one go.

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck do people know that Book 3 is available over at the book depositary

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Complete-Nemesis-Warlock-Bk-3-Pat-Mills/9781905437481

and there a couple of other places over on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/190543748X/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1326810719&sr=8-1&condition=new

Wasn't this one as rare as hens teeth? Still hopefully if anybodies looking for it they will be able to get it at a decent price.

James Stacey

The Adventurer

My order arrived! Prog 2009, 1627 - 1665, and Prog 2010 are now mine! That fills in the entire 2009 run of Progs. So that's one year of my two year gap now covered. I'm still trying to finagle filling in 2010 before the month is out because the cost is so right (and these issues are a pain in the ass to find ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE US. Ebay, YOU'VE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!)

I'm really happy with Rebellion's shipping office. My progs came in a heavy cardboard box, wrapped in bubble wrap, and surrounded with packing peanuts. Atomic Wars couldn't harm this monolith of shipping. So that makes me feel good about ordering more hard-to-find books through Rebellion themselves. Also, 2-weeks isn't bad for overseas shipping either. So yeah, generally a good experience ordering from Rebellion for the first time. It would be NICE to get an email confirmation or an indicator in my Account order information, when the order has shipped, but I guess that's a minor complaint.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Gonk

Quote from: James Stacey on 17 January, 2012, 02:37:59 PM
I assume its back in print ?

Nope. 50 quid I paid for mine. Luckily it was in mint condition, so I did not regret the purchase.

I reckon punters are better of going for the numerous titan books aeditions availble on amazon -- altough they only go up to book9.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Mardroid

My second package came today! Slaine and Judge Death action figures! Very nice they are too.

I was a bit disappointed that Death's legs seemed to have no poseability whatsoever. (They seem to compensate by putting it in his waist.) And Slaine seems to be permanently bow-legged...although it's not a bad look for him. Lovely detail though! I had hoped for a scabbard for the sword but that cloak provides a nice alternative place to stick it, so to speak.

I see Slaine as primarily an axe man who uses a sword for back up. While wielding a weapon in each hand looks cool, (and I'm sure he'd manage it) that axe is a two handed weapon, and that's I'll how likely pose him. (I've put way too much thought into this.)

Grey M@a

Quote from: James Stacey on 17 January, 2012, 02:37:59 PM
I assume its back in print ?

Not back in print, for some reason The Book Depository had 10 copies of the original Book 3 of the Complete Nemesis, when I found it I jumped on it for £16 and change delivered. Just a shame the 2000AD order for the first two volumes still hasn't shown up as yet.

AntonyCatton

Whoo!!!most of my order turned up today minus afew things.got a 25 extreme editions,4 figures and t shirts,a rogue trooper statue and about 10 graphic novels.thats my years worth of reading sorted(loving Bison).A big thanks to Sam Woodcock for introducing me to thargs mighty organ and its many thrills.

Colin YNWA