Main Menu

Bladerunner TV Series No Longer To Be Produced In Belfast.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 08 October, 2023, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Can confirm, I know a few lads who in the local TV industry (who may, or may not have their gaffs decorated with Game of Thrones paraphernalia, I couldn't possibly comment, officer) who were gutted by the news
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 08 October, 2023, 10:43:19 PMCan confirm, I know a few lads who in the local TV industry (who may, or may not have their gaffs decorated with Game of Thrones paraphernalia, I couldn't possibly comment, officer) who were gutted by the news

The Brexit effect...? I know Game of Thrones was based in NI, but liked the advantage of being able to decamp to Malta or Croatia, or wherever, with minimal bureaucracy, for hot/steamy/dusty location shoots in the pre-Brexit era...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I don't want this derailed into politics and Brexit, but the Windsor Framework basically means we're sorta/kinda still in the EU and most of us have Irish passports.

I suspect it may have more to do with the lack of a stable local government, caused by the DUP refusing to form a government because the fenians are getting to uppity of the aforementioned framework.
You may quote me on that.