Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Yep. Sporadic fireworks since 3pm, but a shit-ton of them around 11pm, and then a lull before a — depressingly — smaller amount at midnight. This was Brexiters offering another twist of the knife.

broodblik

As a non-UK citizen I always tough that Brexit was a bad idea, here is an interesting article/opinion peace I read in one of my local websites: https://www.news24.com/fin24/opinion/opinion-how-delusions-about-world-war-ii-fed-brexit-mania-20210103
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Genuine holy shit moment: US Capitol Building just got stormed by Qanon and (in a shocking twist) the Confederacy!

Trump has called for calm, after earlier calling for non-calm. Watch this space...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

'Insert Dredd: Origins image here'

JayzusB.Christ

So much for the 'law and order president'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Well, even though the storming of Congress by Trump supporters was carried out by conspiracy theorists, I notice that it's still too early in The Event for new conspiracies to have taken hold. So, I think it's my turn to start one: the entire thing was planned by deep state agitators planted in the crowd so that The Enemy could enact new draconian laws and take out the organizations who oppose them.

Some of the agitators are so deeply undercover that they don't even realize that they're both the enemy and not the enemy at the same time. That's right! The enemy is actually YOU!!!

Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to hopefully overturn democracy. YOU decide which facts are real ones, which bleach to drink and which votes to count.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

2021 is off to an amazing start.

Tjm86

Comparisons are also being made about the stark difference between police handling of the storming of the Capitol and the BLM protests back in the summer.

As for the parallels with Bad Bob Booth .... well, that one is proving terrifyingly accurate.  Trump has also apparently announced that he will not concede!   :o

On the subject of Tooth parallels, currently re-reading the 1750's and just passed the second series of Zombo with a president that fires everyone in sight, is totally psychotic and refuses to give up power (even after he is killed himself!) 

:|It is quite scary how prescient Tooth is sometimes!  :|

Smith

QuoteYOU decide which facts are real ones, which bleach to drink and which votes to count.

Turpentine,more likely.

IndigoPrime

Looks like there's now coordinated spin on the right in the UK to silence anyone on the remain/PV side as the same as people who broke into the Capitol, because they are against democracy. Which is quite something.

sintec

Quote from: Funt Solo on 07 January, 2021, 01:14:54 AM
the entire thing was planned by deep state agitators planted in the crowd so that The Enemy could enact new draconian laws and take out the organizations who oppose them.

You see I think you're joking - but I went and peered into the cess pool of the comments section on Breitbart last night (while things were still kicking off) and this theory was genuinely being spouted. Protest was a false flag op by anti-fa to make the patriotic march look bad according to some on there.

Smith

Quote from: sintec on 07 January, 2021, 09:08:30 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 07 January, 2021, 01:14:54 AM
the entire thing was planned by deep state agitators planted in the crowd so that The Enemy could enact new draconian laws and take out the organizations who oppose them.

You see I think you're joking - but I went and peered into the cess pool of the comments section on Breitbart last night (while things were still kicking off) and this theory was genuinely being spouted. Protest was a false flag op by anti-fa to make the patriotic march look bad according to some on there.

Cernovich has already deduced that Ashley Babitt was an actor and it was all fake blood. He really outdid himself.

JayzusB.Christ

What happens next, then?  Even Mike Pence has become an enemy of the MAGA crowd.  Can Republicans keep defending him or will they distance themselves?  Is this still the kind of thing 74 million Americans want?  I'd be interested to hear from those of you who are more politically informed than me, which admittedly isn't saying a whole lot. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Polling suggests almost half of Republican voters support what was in effect an attempted coup. Dangerous times for democracy.

Tjm86

Listening to LBC a little while ago.  An American expat was trying to explain how Americans think about politicians.  Apparently Trump is an "honest crook" and its all down to folks growing up on the X-files!

Oh, and the highlight of the conversation?  He was saying that he believed Biden was crooked even though he had no evidence to support it.  His justification:  well, he's been a politician all these years.  Trump is not a criminal though, despite the massive body of evidence that supports such a view.

I pray that he doesn't have kids!