Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Here is how the UK Elections were rigged, ahem.

IndigoPrime

Gnh. This kind of conspiracy bullshit helps no-one. We need to fight for electoral reform—that is how we can potentially usher in a shift towards more moderate and progressive government (given that even now, with an overt swing to the right, UK voting patterns are still 50/50 progressive/conservative), not by blathering garbage about how an election was somehow stolen by the kind of relatively minor fuck-ups that affect every single election, ever.

The Legendary Shark

Makes no difference to me. I've already said how I believe "government" itself is an invalid concept. I posted that link because I thought some of you might be interested more than I am.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 May, 2015, 02:48:18 PM
I could go through that and explain point by point why it is so very wrong, but there would be no fucking point.

Instead of shattering dreams as usual, Clements, you could chip in and offer an explanation how the ballot could have been rigged based on your personal experience.
My money's on the Freemasons placing key people in marginal seats that swapped out the ballot boxes, but I'm also quite partial to Reptilians being in the mix somewhere if you think you can manage it.  I heard that some people's suspicions about the election's validity were aroused when a ballot counter turned his head 180 degrees when he thought he saw a hawk sneaking up on him, and when challenged on it  by some UKIP supporters, he crawled up the side of a three story building to get away, and all they could hear from the ground was him shouting things in Hebrew until the police came and moved everyone on.  True story.

Dandontdare

I could go through that and explain point by point why it is so very wrong, but there would be no fucking point.

I've jut typed and deleted two different long posts, but you're right. It's just too tiring and I can't be arsed.

The summarised version: - Sharky - you're a righteous dude, but you need to install a bullshit filter when doing 'research'.

shaolin_monkey

Presumably you've all seen this?

Professor Bear

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 May, 2015, 08:49:15 PM

I've jut typed and deleted two different long posts, but you're right. It's just too tiring and I can't be arsed.

The summarised version: - Sharky - you're a righteous dude, but you need to install a bullshit filter when doing 'research'.

To be fair to Sharky, he's actually dismissed the idea of conspiracy theories about the election being rigged and left that link for others - possibly me, seeing as I've mentioned the idea a lot more than Sharky has.

Professor Bear

A bloke got no votes in a seat that went to a Tory, despite voting for himself.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Haha, that's cockup not conspiracy, and it's unproven who made the mistake, the candidate or the returning officer.

Tjm86

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 15 May, 2015, 11:21:04 PM
Presumably you've all seen this?

I doubt very much that messrs Wagner and McNeil would object to this.  Of all the mash ups I've seen on this, this is far and away the best, and most chillingly apposite. 

It seems at the moment that a sense of dread has descended.  Sticking with the media mash ups, it's a bit like the Babylon 5 episode, Hour of the Wolf.  There's a sense that something brutal is coming and all we can do is steel ourselves against the onslaught.  If the Liberals truly did restrain the worst excesses of 'compassionate conservatism' then it is anyone's guess as to what is coming next.

Professor Bear

It was only because the Tory vandalism of society went so slowly that anger didn't boil over in the last five years, but now that the Lib Dem brakes are off the crazy train, they won't be able to help themselves trying to grab too much, too soon.  Remember that anti-Tory riot the day after they got in?  That was when nobody had any specific beef beyond that the Tories got back in, so think what's going to be like once TTIP, anti-union and anti-protest laws are on the books and start affecting people's lives adversely.

Professor Bear

One brave Republican is finally taking on the might of the bicycle lobby and challenging them about the environmental pollution caused by cycling.

Theblazeuk

Well you can't argue with science.

Professor Bear

This must mean that Commando Forces is actually a radical leftie.