Main Menu

Prog 2176 - Die Another Day

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 April, 2020, 04:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Good prog yet again this week.

The one-shot Dredd reminds us of why you do not always a 6 parts  to tell a story. This certainly was not Niemand's best but still a good Dredd story.

Survival Geeks is one of those stories that grows on you overtime. Googe provides his normal great art and some nice interactions between the different nerd-folk.

Skip Tracer took awhile to build up to the main plot-line by providing little snippets of plot-threat every week. As always Marshall's art and Teague's coloring is a great combination.

The highlight of the prog is again Aquila. The story is well written by Rennie with some interesting usage of real history in the mix. 

Hersey does not really move the plot but the art is a joy to watch. I do liked the surprise that Hersey was still alive and we can now have the story out of her point-of-view.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

still not got it should i be worried now?

Richard

Yes. Phone them and ask, they're very good at sorting out this stuff.
Expect prog 2177 to be late because it's Easter.

The Monarch

I sent an email two days ago still waiting for a reply

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I dont know if it is just because I am just so very glad that the prog is being published throughout this whole horrific global situation, but everything seems so much brighter and better at the moment.

That Dredd was one of the best one-offs in ages, Skip Tracer is telling a compelling story (so much so, that I didnt see next week's cover as a "waste of advertising space" as I have done for previous ST covers. It's finally earned its place in the prog), Survival Geeks was okay and Hershey was beautifully drawn, thrilling and has a pleasingly old-school feel (I think it's that vertical logo). But bloody hell, Aquila is great. It looks beautiful, its genuinely interesting and it has made me want to reread all the previous installments in this lockdown. Was it ever part of the Meg floppies? I forget.

Please, Tharg. Keep on with the weekly schedule as long as you can- in print.

SBT

CalHab

Hershey is outstanding this week. One of the best action sequences I've seen in a long time. Just brilliant.

The Monarch

Feeling like a mug right now. Still no issue subed three weeks ago no reply I know things are nuts and busy and all but I dropped a lot of money for that combi sub and I am feeling like a mug when my sister could have got me the prog at her work last week :(

Richard

The Monarch

Richard

It's on the inside front cover of your last prog.