Main Menu

Button Man coming to Netflix.

Started by Bolt-01, 16 March, 2019, 01:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Excellent news.
It would be good to see more of the "lesser" known characters/ stories picked up to open up the tooth world to a new audience and show what a varied catalogue there is to explore.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

DrRocka

Never ever bloody anything ever

Rogue Judge

Great news! I see that Button Man will be a Netflix Movie, but I think a series (in the vein of the Punisher etc.) would also work well. Hopefully there will be three movies, one for each book. Looking forward to this!

Buttonman

Splendid news. Rutger Hauer for Harry and Frank Bruno for Carl please.

Hope they don't tinker too much - books practically storyboard the film for them. That said I hope they don't go for a literal adaptation, that would be dull.

Hard to please loyal.

Rately

Fantastic. One of my favourite stories in all the years I've read 2000AD, and the final few panels of the first series will make a hell of a season ender / cliffhanger!

Really looking forward to seeing this come together.

Maybe Netflix have other 2000AD properties under consideration!

GordonR

Quote from: Buttonman on 17 March, 2019, 10:09:51 PM

What was the last recent Rutger Hauer film you saw?  Dude's in his mid-70s.

Pyroxian

Quote from: GordonR on 17 March, 2019, 11:14:27 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 17 March, 2019, 10:09:51 PM

What was the last recent Rutger Hauer film you saw?  Dude's in his mid-70s.

Hobo with a shotgun - he's still got it :) Captain Marvel shows that you can do the de-aging thing with CG :P

GordonR

You be sure and let us know when they cast a 75 year-old actor in the role, and use expensive - and probably dodgy - cgi to de-age him 30 years, instead of using an age-appropriate actor who still has a career and might actually bring an audience to the thing.

Richard

Hobo With a Shotgun is already 8 years old, and he was in his 60s. More importantly, the character he was playing in that film was supposed to be in his 60s, so Hauer was the right age. Harry Exton was in his 30s when we met him, so why would anyone cast a 75 year old?

Pete Wells

JOE SOAP

I take it no one has a problem with our Buttonman's deeply sincere request for Frank Bruno as Carl.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Pete Wells on 18 March, 2019, 01:02:23 AM
Sean Bean for Harry Ex!

Even Sean Bean is a bit long in the tooth to be Harry by now.  I find myself agreeing with lots of the choices here, then realising they would have been the right person for the job 25 years ago. 

But Frank Bruno: well, what other choice is there?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Buttonman

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 March, 2019, 01:32:18 AM

I take it no one has a problem with our Buttonman's deeply sincere request for Frank Bruno as Carl.

Exactly - Know what I mean 'Arry?'

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"