Main Menu

Day of Dredd

Started by Proudhuff, 20 August, 2019, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

MacabreMagpie

If anyone in the West Midlands area missed out on getting prog 2146 with my cover on it the other week, they have it at Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton where I'll be signing from 12-3pm. I'll be sketching and selling prints etc too.

Have a great day, Dreddheads!

The Monarch

i hope once forbidden planet moves into their spiffy new digs opposite waterstones we may actually get events in it since it won't be tiny anymore :lol:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Monarch on 07 September, 2019, 11:03:09 AM
i hope once forbidden planet moves into their spiffy new digs opposite waterstones we may actually get events in it since it won't be tiny anymore :lol:

The lack of events in Cal-hab has, I believe, less to do with the size/nature of the venues than the fact that over the years, almost without fail literally no one ever turns up.

I've done a couple of (non-Scottish) signings like that (which I'm sure will surprise no one) and it's soul-destroying. You're checking your watch every five minutes because every five minutes feels like an hour, and trying to mentally calculate the earliest point at which you can decently fuck the whole thing off and go to the pub.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

shaolin_monkey

Can someone message me when the 'big news' (whatever that is) breaks about Dredd please? I need to sleep off this hangover.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 September, 2019, 11:20:35 AM
Can someone message me when the 'big news' (whatever that is) breaks about Dredd please? I need to sleep off this hangover.

Are we expecting big news? I though it was just a marketing push?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 September, 2019, 11:09:46 AM
Quote from: The Monarch on 07 September, 2019, 11:03:09 AM

The lack of events in Cal-hab has, I believe, less to do with the size/nature of the venues than the fact that over the years, almost without fail literally no one ever turns up.

I've done a couple of (non-Scottish) signings like that (which I'm sure will surprise no one) and it's soul-destroying. You're checking your watch every five minutes because every five minutes feels like an hour, and trying to mentally calculate the earliest point at which you can decently fuck the whole thing off and go to the pub.

It's true,  the Grennie droid has had a right good rant about that, and with good reason over the years,
I think if we had the signings in a pub that might suit everyone better....
DDT did a job on me

The Monarch

thats unfortunate i would kill to get jim or gordon to sign some stuff for me or even just to buy them a pint

GordonR

Forbidden Planet Glasgow are threatening to have regular signing events at their ginormous new store in Sauchiehall Street after it opens (projected October, I think), which would be the last chance saloon for Glasgow squaax to actually turn up for something.  (The all-time low: three of you, at a signing in A1 in Parnie Street a couple of years ago.)

State of play at the moment, though: the current Glasgow FP is too small and crowded, and FP Edinburgh just do not seem interested. Hence why the nearest Day of Dredd event is happening in Newcastle.

Frank

Colin YNWA

Popped down to Forbidden Planet and had a lovely chat with Nick Percival. Another contender for the nicest man in comics. Bought a couple if lovely (well lovely isn't the word is it) prints and got this beauty in my Book of Thargs

The Monarch

wait gordon you were at a signing in a1 once? how did i miss that?

Frank

Playstation Dredd: https://youtu.be/LoQf-5lcAco

you can almost hear the CD spinning ...

Richard

I've been to a couple of signings in London and they were well-attended.

Proudhuff

Quote from: GordonR on 07 September, 2019, 03:16:02 PM
Forbidden Planet Glasgow are threatening to have regular signing events at their ginormous new store in Sauchiehall Street after it opens (projected October, I think), which would be the last chance saloon for Glasgow squaax to actually turn up for something.  (The all-time low: three of you, at a signing in A1 in Parnie Street a couple of years ago.)

State of play at the moment, though: the current Glasgow FP is too small and crowded, and FP Edinburgh just do not seem interested. Hence why the nearest Day of Dredd event is happening in Newcastle.

Never forgive, never forget!
DDT did a job on me