Main Menu

Best Judge Dredd Meg Stories of 2022

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 09 January, 2023, 11:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: JWare on 03 February, 2023, 11:44:57 AMI'm abstaining because the field is so small. There are only nine stories and five writers. If I vote for my top three, the few that don't make the cut will take it personally. I don't want to live my life perpetually looking over my shoulder.

What is wrong living on the edge?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Right, it's time for the results...

(Drum roll please everyone)

In (joint) 1st Place with 5 points each are Regicide, Little Shop of Terrors & Babel.
In 2nd Place with 3 points is Mega-City 2099: Rampage.
In (joint) 3rd Place with 2 points each are Praise Zort!, The Darkest Judge & Dollman.

And finally this years runners-ups with 1 point each are Q-Topia & Sole Occupant.

Congratulations to all the writers, artists, colorers and letterers involved in delivering these wonderful stories for us lowly forum (and non-forum) dwellers to read in the Meg each & every month.

From next year onwards, I'll be in charge of both the Best Dredd Stories in the Prog Thread & the Best Dredd Stories in the Meg Thread, where I may or may not amalgamate the Results Thread into one large Mega-Thread around about the end of that month, so until then, hope you have a great year my fellow forum dwellers!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

GordonR

How you've added up the points:

Just counted any mention of a story as 1 point, regardless of whether the person voted it 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

How you're supposed to do it:

1st = 3 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point.

So Babel, which 4 people voted as first choice, is the clear winner, with a minimum of 12 points.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: GordonR on 05 February, 2023, 05:55:35 PMHow you've added up the points:

Just counted any mention of a story as 1 point, regardless of whether the person voted it 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

How you're supposed to do it:

1st = 3 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point.

So Babel, which 4 people voted as first choice, is the clear winner, with a minimum of 12 points.

Sorry bout that, just please give me at least 24 hours to amend the results!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

After a quick re-count and thsnks to the GRennie droid, here are the now newly amended results (apologies to all droids and users involved).

1st place is Babel with 13 points
2nd place is Regicide with 9 points
3rd place is Mega-City 2099: Rampage with 8 points
4th place is Little Shop of Terrors with 7 points
Joint 5th place is The Darkest Judge & Dollman with 5 points
6th place is Praise Zort! with 4 points
Last is Q-Topia with 1 point

From next year onwards, I'll be in charge of the Best Dredd Stories in both the Prog and the Meg, where I plan to amalgamate the Results Thread into one large Mega-Thread, so like I said before; Hope you lot enjoy the rest of the year and May the Thrill-Power continue for the next 12 months!!
Texts from Last Night