Main Menu

The Day the Law Died over at my Bookshelf blog

Started by Grant Goggans, 16 September, 2012, 07:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

This week's review at my Bookshelf blog is of the new edition of The Day the Law Died.  Tell all your friends!

The Adventurer

I keep hear this is 'manga size'. My question is, is it taller then it is wide? Or is it formatted for the wider artwork of that 2000 AD era?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Mardroid

I'm reading through this at the moment in the Case Files 2.

While I'm enjoying it there were a couple of plot point which made me mentally raise an eyebrow.*

There was a scene in the previous story (which I think still counts, as while it isn't part of the The Day the Law Died, the events are related and I'd imagine it would be part of the collection.) where [spoiler]Dredd is on his way to Titan after being framed for murder.

He spent the previous panels in  state of confusion. No "I didn't do that!" so much as "I don't remember doing that!" Then, while on the shuttle, he suddenly decides he didn't do it after all, then gets a surge of adrenaline which gives him superhuman strength required to break the rather hefty looking chain on his hand-cuffs. Really?

I wondered if maybe Judge Cal had sent an agent to weaken the chain to allow Dredd to escape (and that's another thing, would he try to escape or allow the law to take it's course relying on the system and other judges to get him out? I'm undecided.) in the hope that they could hunt him down and execute him to keep him out of the picture permanently, but if he did, it's never mentioned.

And then at the start of the epic itself, one of the dunce-breed SJS judges  leaves on his uniform jacket when attacking Griffin in disguise allowing a button to get clawed off. And  Dredd gets shot through the head. Then gets better. Granted with future science[/spoiler] but...

... but it IS enjoyable. Cal(igula)'s shenanigans are very amusing. Judges in dresses. Hee, hee.

*Yes I have eyebrows in my brain. Beat that for a mutation.

Grant Goggans

Adventurer, it's the same scale as the Case Files, just shrunk down further.