Main Menu

sláine books of invasion S&S vol 1

Started by vark, 26 March, 2012, 10:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vark

I've just recieved my copy of the US softcover version of the books of invasion vol1.
If the size of the book fits the Rebellion collection, the spine doesn't matches the other Rebellion reprints, and like the recent ABC Warriors Volgan War softcovers it is not numbered (in fact, the spine is part of a seemless illustration between front and back cover).
The content of the book is identical to the UK hardcover edition published in January 2006, with the same gallery of prog covers. That means this US edition does not display the extra bits included in the French edition (oversize or exclusive illustrations, see http://requiemchevaliervamp.forumpro.fr/t161p15-slaine).

I, Cosh

I was under the impression all the UK Books of Invasions contained additional and expanded pages.
We never really die.

vark

You are right indeed, between the progs and the UK edition there is additional and expanded pages. But the French edition contains a little bit more of these stuffs and some never before seen illustrations (check the link in my previous message, there are some visuals). Clint Langley has supervised the French edition (he is credited for Graphic Conception).
In France, Sláine is curently published by Nickel Editions (home of Requiem, Vampire Knight), which is run by Jacques Collin. Jacques Collin was the first co-publisher back in the late eighties, with Zenda Editions, to introduce Sláine in France with the Horned God. Zenda Editions had the habit to commission extra material for their books (Marshal Law, Watchmen). For example the Simon Bisley cover used for prog #698 was originally commissioned for the first French volume.

vark

ThryllSeekyr

I got the U.S. soft cover edtion, and I'm wondering when the they are going to release the other two volumes.