Main Menu

Most Forgettable 2000AD / Megazine Story Ever

Started by Funt Solo, 10 March, 2005, 01:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

Megadeth

I've been prompted to ask this question after finishing what is without doubt the worst mini series i've ever finished.

'Toe Tags: Featuring George A. Romero'

Utter drivel for every page of its 6 issue run. I stupidly decided to stick with it in the hope that something would happen to give this series some merit. Plot wise it was, even for a zombie story, pretty thin on the ground. A reasonably interesting concept just plowed through in the most low brow way possible, absolutely nothing of what made his 'Dead Trilogy' a cut above your average zombie flick. The art was nothing to shout about either... i might have just considered it average if i hadn't been catching up on 'The Walking Dead' at the same time.

So the question is open, What is the worst mini-series or story arc you've ever stuck with and for what absurd reason did you do it???

Funt Solo

That wins for me so far, Goosegash - wtf is repo-mex?  It does ring a bell, but it's a very small cracked bell without a clapper.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

House of Usher

I too was thinking that I'd've forgotten the most forgettable 2000AD story. And I had! So thanks for reminding me of Moon Runners. I'd completely forgotten that one.

Also the one that rhymes with 'filler'. Nope, not a clue. Was it called Killer?
STRIKE !!!

Funtwangle

family was forgetable cos everyone looked exactly the same

Tanky

Didn't see the first 'joke'. Cant be blamed for the one after me. Relax and call a plumber for that gravy problem
--;)
tanky x

House of Usher

Heh. I was just thinking "what's Family?" - then I looked it up.
STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

I did get confused about who was who in Family, but I loved the beautifully high concept:  gangster superheroes.

I have no idea what the "rhymes with 'filler'" story was.  Junker was junk, of course.  Chronos Carnival was chronic.  Dry Run was dry.  Dredd is dreadful.  Joke.

Off-topic:
Whilst working on a computer game, some of the team wanted to call it "Dead On Arrival":  those fate-tempting lunatics!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Grant Goggans

See, I'd argue the opposite.  Moon Runners wasn't very good at all, but it had some memorable moments.  I liked the psychic helmsman with the mask he held in front of him - that was a very neat artistic touch.  The 4-part story had one page each episode with entirely black panels, which was a very weird concept.  Belardinelli had some nice drawings and purty pictures in it.  Great designs all around, just very poorly executed and failing to engage, week after week.

Dry Run, by comparison, I can't remember anything about, other than swords, machine guns, deserts and Kev Hopgood art.

Moon Runners, you can tell from the pin-up pages, house ads and annuals, the then-editors very much wanted to make a success.  (It was, probably not coincidentally, co-written by Alan McKenzie.)  Dry Run just sort of appeared from out of nowhere, written by someone who'd never worked in 2000 AD, or possibly any comic ever, before or since, sat in the prog for three months and vanished.

Maybe there was a derelict oil rig in it?  I dunno...

--Grant

Funt Solo

Been reading the 2000AD Diary and have to add:

Sancho Panzer
Black Light
Outlaw
Mambo

If only I could forget Brigand Doom.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Mr C

Christ, Black Light and Outlaw.
They were bloody awful!

Sancho Panzer, however, was genius.

Oddboy

"Flippi-Neck"

Ah sod. That was supposed to go on the most REMEMBERABLE thread... darn you all.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Funtwangle

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/character/brute.jpg">