Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

What do we know about Death Metal Planet, author etc? Is it in current continuity, set after Dark Justice and Dominion by Wagner? Or maybe a lighthearted tale where the band doesn't successfully involve Death?

Magnetica

Just seen in the Thrillmail that Brink vol 5 is due on 23rd Nov.
I pre-ordered it months ago from Forbidden Planet and the release date was said to be 16th Aug.

Does anyone know why there is such a delay?

(It's actually fine as I probably won't actually read it for a while).

Lorenzo

Other than maybe 1 day, I don't think there has been a delay. I pre-ordered months ago elsewhere and was told 22 Nov. Maybe FP was given an early indication that they never updated.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Magnetica on 07 September, 2022, 09:04:50 PM
Does anyone know why there is such a delay?

Could be any number of reasons but, as mentioned previously, there's a global paper shortage that's wreaking havoc across the schedules of the entire publishing industry.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

As I noted in another thread, flagship Marvel titles are being kicked months down the road in some cases. So it's hardly surprising Rebellion is being caught up in this ongoing problem. I guess it's just one of those things. At least periodicals haven't (yet?) been (noticeably, from the consumer end?) hit.

broodblik

The cross-over prog 2300 and meg 438:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Xmas prog and meg:

Prog 2312 X-Mas Special - The Galaxy's Greatest Comic celebrates the festive period with the traditional 100-page end of year special, featuring a brand-new line-up of stories. Judge Dredd faces off against an old enemy that's bust out of containment in "The Last Temptation of Joe"; Proteus Vex must negotiate a full-blown interstellar war in "Crawlspace"; Cyd learns more about her state of being in "The Out" Book Three; ABC Warrior Joe Pineapples reveals his past in "Tin Man"; Rogue Trooper encounters Nort genetic experiments in "Brothers"; and a character from 2000 AD's history comes back to haunt Tharg,. All this and much more!

Judge Dredd Meg 451 - More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The Megazine has a format change from this issue, becoming perfect bound and losing the polybag, with this Xmas edition being an incredible 144 pages. There's a special Xmas Dredd story, plus the latest instalments of Storm Warning, the Dark Judges, Devlin Waugh, and Surfer Book 2. Plus there's the debut episode of a new alternate Dredd series, and the opening instalments of Judge Dredd: Year One and Mega-City Two, and much more!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

WAYHEY. Wasn't expecting The Out back so soon. That is magnificent news. Plus Proteus Vex. Looks like 2023 will start with a bang!

broodblik

I also did not expect the Joe Pineapples series to be launch this year and I also wonder if the Rogue story will only be an once-off or a return series

IndigoPrime

Interesting Megazine news. Another format change, which suggests the floppy is history. A new alternate Dredd series. But what is Year One and Mega-City Two? IDW reprint? (I also wonder what pagination it'll have after this Christmas special – I can't imagine anywhere near 144. 100? 80? 60?)

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 September, 2022, 07:49:06 PM
But what is Year One and Mega-City Two? IDW reprint?

Hopefully not both was quite poor

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 September, 2022, 07:49:06 PM
Interesting Megazine news. Another format change

The perfect bound Meg was actually my favourite format for the publication. Maybe they've folded the floppy into the internal page count, to make a nice, chunky publication that people can actually leaf through on the newsstand...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

nxylas

Quote from: broodblik on 16 September, 2022, 07:41:13 PM
I also did not expect the Joe Pineapples series to be launch this year and I also wonder if the Rogue story will only be an once-off or a return series
I did, because the collected version is out quite soon afterwards. Next February, IIRC.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 September, 2022, 09:22:29 PMThe perfect bound Meg was actually my favourite format for the publication. Maybe they've folded the floppy into the internal page count, to make a nice, chunky publication that people can actually leaf through on the newsstand...?
Which would also cut down on plastic: a big plus, IMO. But who knows?

As for format, my favourite period of the Meg was the start of vol. 4. At that time, I wasn't that well versed on much outside of the Prog, and had missed a lot. (At uni, I don't recall buying any comics – just loads of music!) So while the reprint was fun enough, I loved Lazarus Churchyard, Hellboy and Scarlet Traces. I thought it was a pity when the format shifted again, and although I've enjoyed aspects of the floppies, I'm quite happy to have a comic.

I just hope that if the Meg is making changes due to financial reasons (which we've been told has often been the reasoning in the past) that the reprint is handled well and smartly. I'd be happy enough with Matt Smith IDW Dredd, if that's what we're getting. (Deviations and the Mars Attacks crossover were also good.) But I could do without almost everything else from IDW. I couldn't even get through all of Mega-City Two when I tried to read it. (Aside: I'd also be happy if Rebellion would reprint – and even continue – IDW's take on Rogue Trooper. I really liked that and was keen to see where it would go.)

Obvs, this may well be 2+2 = four billion and 57, and Year One and Mega-City Two might be something else entirely.