Main Menu

Big 2000 AD sale

Started by IndigoPrime, 06 October, 2021, 07:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

The special edition Full Tilt Boogie is on there too. That's a beautiful book.

Timothy

My package has arrived already, which is fast work at sale time. And I also got upgraded to the hardback of the first Leopard from Lime Street when I had ordered the paperback. Very impressed.

IndigoPrime

"I also got upgraded to the hardback of the first Leopard from Lime Street when I had ordered the paperback."

Odd. I might have ordered the HCs had both been available. Anyway, my package arrived too. I grabbed Hope, Goldtiger and the Zenith slipcase which, blimey, is very tight for those four books.

Barrington Boots

Gutted I missed Marney, but (amongst other things) I picked up Masters of British Comic Art in the sale - a book I had long dithered over getting - it arrived today and by god it is lovely. It's packed with beautiful images and definitely the sort of book I need to convince people* that comic art is actual art (and therefore I'm an art collector, not a big kid)

* I'm talking about my parents and my wife here
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Marney the Fox still seems to be available in physical form (and 76% off!).  I was able to put 17 in my basket (and take them out again).  When I tried 20 it said 18 was the upper limit.

Link: Marney the Fox
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Southstreeter

I've just had a bundle of Stront delivered from the sale. Now I can read all the stuff I didn't vote on!

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Southstreeter on 28 October, 2021, 05:12:40 PM
I've just had a bundle of Stront delivered from the sale. Now I can read all the stuff I didn't vote on!

Exciting, love to hear that! What did you get? Nothing quite as good as Strontium Dog, enjoy!

Southstreeter

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 28 October, 2021, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: Southstreeter on 28 October, 2021, 05:12:40 PM

Exciting, love to hear that! What did you get? Nothing quite as good as Strontium Dog, enjoy!

Basically all the revival stuff, ie the flashbacks, and also the post Life and Death one. I'd got the classic run already, but never re-read the recent (last 20 years!) stuff.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 October, 2021, 02:49:44 PM
Marney the Fox still seems to be available in physical form (and 76% off!).  I was able to put 17 in my basket (and take them out again).  When I tried 20 it said 18 was the upper limit.

Link: Marney the Fox

Ripper! Last time Marney was marked out of stock as soon as it appeared in Stevie's basket, but scored a copy this time.

Cheers Dash.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Tomwe

That Beatles book now seems in stock as well. Wondering about going back for a second round. Not that I've read the ones I bought first time out yet.

IndigoPrime

The Thrillmail has stated there's another sale on, with up to 90%(!) off of collections.

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/on-sale?sortBy=sortableName&sortByDir=asc

Gah. And again someone has nabbed something that was in my basket. *huffyface*

Lorenzo

The sale even includes "Limited" print run things like the Judge Dredd Sketchbook. Supposedly only 500 were printed and that was back in 2016!

IndigoPrime

Also, it's worth checking back with the sale if something goes OOS. Might be temporary. (I got the book I really wanted: the last Kingdom trade.)

I, Cosh

Quite annoyed that I accidentally ordered the paperback of Third World War 2 instead of the hardback. What will the neighbours think of my spines!
We never really die.