Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Aquila vs. Necronauts Round 3 Heat 10

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 May, 2022, 06:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

It's that old argument again: art vs. popcorn, or Alien vs. Aliens. They're both good things - I'm never going to argue otherwise. Sometimes you feel like you want the popcorn more - it's an easier pleasure to digest. But for posterity, for what to take on the spaceship with you when society crumbles and we're headed out to the brink, you know what's more important.

Necronauts
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: AlexF on 16 May, 2022, 10:26:07 AM
Necronauts ... predates League of Extraorindary Gentlemen, even, doesn't it?

Apparently not. LoEG is 1999, Necronauts is 2000. (Publication-wise, any road.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

GordonR

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 May, 2022, 07:08:30 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 16 May, 2022, 10:26:07 AM
Necronauts ... predates League of Extraorindary Gentlemen, even, doesn't it?

Apparently not. LoEG is 1999, Necronauts is 2000. (Publication-wise, any road.)

A version of Necronauts was announced by Tundra Comics in 1992.  It was the exact same concept, but would have been a lesser story than the one that saw print 8 years later in the prog.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Colin YNWA

Last day of the Grennie Derby with Gordon watching which of his thrills will you choose to make it to Round 4? From a quick eye scan I think we see the favourite to snatch this one, but suspect there could be more to come today. I'll announce the result of the Grennoff in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Again as with tie 9 I thought this one would be closer. Neuronauts is a lean, tight thrill and works really well. Though what's not to love about kinda Blackblood reboot and rampaging Romans I guess and as such

Aquila

Is driving its gladius into Round 4.