Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - The Dead vs. Lobster Random Round 3 Heat 12

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 May, 2022, 06:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well if Week 1 broke you into what Round 3 could be like Week 2 will show you its extremes with possibly the tie of the Round coming in (though there is one later that possibly tops even this). Eyes will be blinding, hair will be torn out before this week is over...

The Dead took down Dragon Tales in Round 1 but then followed that up with what is possibly the surprise of the Tournament so far when it took out modern favourite Zombo. That sort of form must be leaving Lobster Random feeling nervous, especially since it didn't have its own way again low level opponent Time Flies in Round 2. I would have called this only one way, form suggests I could well be backing the wrong horse... well if that horse has diminishing numbers of crustacean claws and a fetish for mechanical love.

The Dead - more info

Vs

Lobster Random - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 20th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Huey2

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Lobster Random was a lot of fun but against Milligan and Belardinelli's phantasmagorical feast there's only one way my vote can go.

The Dead.

rogue69

AlexF

Love the weirdness of the Dead concept, got a bit bored with the story as it went on. Lobster Random arguably tries a bit too hard to be as weird and clever as thrills like the Dead, (right down to the irritating name) but every now and then the weirdness lands - looking at you, person with a dinosaur grated to the top of his head.

Lobster Random

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The Dead.

But for me, a matter of the "least worst" I'm afraid.

SBT

sheridan

The Dead - one of the last great works that Massimo did for the prog.

Aaron A Aardvark

I remember Lobster Random as being a better character than story but I can hardly remember The Dead as all.

Lobster Random

Dark Jimbo

Lobster Random was never quite as good as it wanted to be, but then neither was The Dead, which I find a curiously depressing and dull experience to read (while loving the big concepts it plays with, and how originally it does that). At least LR was quite funny - it's certainly the one I'd most prefer to re-read.
@jamesfeistdraws

paddykafka

Lobster Random

It is long past time that he returned to the prog. One lives in hope!

Funt Solo

I never really got along with Lobster Random - it's too self aware. That was the zeitgeist of the time, I suppose - but a writer continually waving at the audience and pointing out the artifice is just too indulgent to be enjoyed on its own merits. Dirty Frank teeters on the edge of that trap and usually manages not to fall in.

The Dead was also an odd fish, but a Belardinelli-shaped odd fish.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime