Main Menu

FFT - Quarter Final 3 - Strontium Dog vs Halo Jones

Started by Colin YNWA, 31 August, 2022, 06:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Talking of Dredd - I wonder if any of the Thargs has ever considered giving it a break? I'm not saying it's a good idea - just wondered if it's been thought about.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

Halo Jones, I think.
Disagree that Rage is too long; agree that HJ has more of an Eternal Sunshine magical quality.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 01 September, 2022, 01:40:33 AM
Talking of Dredd - I wonder if any of the Thargs has ever considered giving it a break? I'm not saying it's a good idea - just wondered if it's been thought about.

Didn't that nearly happen in the wake of the '95 film?
@jamesfeistdraws

Sean SD

Colin YNWA

Its not even close. I thought it would be close but its simply not. I really thought Halo Jones would run Strontium Dog to the wire but no. There seems nothing will stop the strip. I'll put Ms Jones out her misery in the morning.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

JayzusB.Christ

I'll have to go Halo Jones - not a sentence wasted.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well is this the competition right here. Not simply that Johnny and co beat Halo Jones, that was always the most likely result, there are others that might offer the challenge I guess (I thought it would be Halo and I was so wrong!). No rather its the scale of the result. The absolute crushing nature of this has surprised. The votes that acknowledge Halo Jones but didn't feel like a struggle to decide. The fact that Strontium Dog was able to get into the 20+ club on this vote. It doesn't bode well for those few still standing.

Strontium Dog

Doesn't even need to go to cartridge 4 to get to the semi-finals.