Main Menu

Ghost Rider...

Started by El Spurioso, 27 June, 2008, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

Seems utterly appropriate that my first post on this here new forum (very shiny, Wake -- good job) should be an act of shameless whorebaggery.

Lobster Random's back very soon - huzzah, hurrah, yay - but here's why it took so long: //http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080627-DannyKetchmini.html.

JamesC

I've always liked the character of Ghost Rider and will be interested to see your portrayal of him.
I think the character suffered in the 90's by always having other Marvel characters popping up in another of those endless crossovers. It kind of takes the edge off a horror story if Spidey turns up and starts shooting webs at everyone.

El Spurioso

Spandex free zone, oh-ho-yes.

death by bongo

Well done!  Glad to hear it's some old-school Ghost Rider, too.  Though I normally have a grat deal of time for Daniel Way's work, I thought his recent GR was a mis-step.

Now you've got your foot in the door at Marvel, I suggest you kiss ass like there's no tomorrow, as after catching up with the whole Red Hulk thing I'm convinced someone who can actually write a coherent story would do very well with the House Of Ideas at the moment - I'd consider it a personal favour if you got the Ultimate X-Men gig and made it less shit than it is right now.

JamesC

I wish someone would bring back ROM.

El Spurioso

I tried.

The license for ROM is owned by the toy manufacturer which first created the action figure.  The whole thing started out as a cynical merchandising crossover, and Marvel no longer has the rights.  In fact I think there was a cheeky reference recently to "Greatest of the Spaceknights!", because they can't even mention the name.

My "Rom Quixote" pitch was doomed from the start.

JamesC

Bummer!
Can't we have VOM or something instead?

The Monarch

QuoteCan't we have VOM or something instead?

Thats a different character altogether

VOM spaceknight puking all over the galaxy!

critter

I remember my first exposure to Ghost Rider which had kept me hooked for years. Way back in 1980 or 1981 I was in the hospital. My mom had picked me up a couple issues to pass the time. He was the coolest character I had ever seen, well at that time. Flaming skull and a motorcycle.

critter

Keef Monkey

Used to read a lot of Ghost Rider as a kid, can't remember why I stopped but it's always tough to get back into a Marvel strip once you've been away for a while. This looks like a good point to step back in, look forward to reading it.