Main Menu

The Wicked + the Devine

Started by Darren Stephens, 22 June, 2014, 09:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Not normally one for picking up monthly books, preferring the trades, and I've also never pre-ordered from my local comic shop. Picked up the first issue of this after seeing some gorgeous previews of the art elsewhere online. It's an absolutely beautiful comic. The story is set up quite nicely in this first issue, too.  I won't spoil it for those waiting to get it, but it involves reincarnating Gods, pop stars and Scanners style exploding heads....so lots to like! Very much looking forward to issue 2.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

JamesC

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 22 June, 2014, 09:41:39 AM
Not normally one for picking up monthly books, preferring the trades, and I've also never pre-ordered from my local comic shop. Picked up the first issue of this after seeing some gorgeous previews of the art elsewhere online. It's an absolutely beautiful comic. The story is set up quite nicely in this first issue, too.  I won't spoil it for those waiting to get it, but it involves reincarnating Gods, pop stars and Scanners style exploding heads....so lots to like! Very much looking forward to issue 2.  ;)

Yep I bought this and enjoyed it - lovely art!
I worry that it may cross the line into early 90's Vertigo style pretentiousness (if the text piece at the end is anything to go by) but for now I'm on board.

Fungus

I think we need a bit of pretentiousness in this lycra superhero world ?-) The press this title is getting seems very full-on, but giving it a go. Saw it in FP at the weekend but it's on order so couldn't really pick it up or I'd be a daftie.

As far as text pieces.... currently adoring East of West. And in large part because I don't have to endure any fawning letters or superfluous 'look at me' creator waffle. It's just beautiful comics, then you're done.