Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Just started The Noise Within (staying loyal to Rebellion) after seeing the ad in the prog. It's already action packed and fun. Not the best written book in the world, it really makes you appreciate Iain M Banks' fantastic literary skills, but it's fast and exciting.

Next I've got The New Space Opera anthology and Seeds of Earth by Michael Cobley.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Marbles

Just finished 'Engleby' by Sebastian Faulks, loved it. Plot :-

70's student weirdo gets obsessive about fellow female student, she then goes missing presumed, but was he involved in her disappearance ? He just can't remember...

Really well written and thought provoking.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Colin YNWA

Just finished Shade 20-50 and boy its a great read... except... well I know that perceived wisdom says Shade goes off the boil after issue 50 but I have to be honest I thought 'A Season in Hell' (issues 45-50) wasn't quite up to the level of what'd gone before. Even the ending didn't have the impact that it should have to me.

What also struck me was my attitude to some of the characters had changed a lot since I first read the issues in my late teens early 20s. Lenny especially while more interesting to me was as cool as I remember her, in that she pissed me off at times... I'm getting old!

Still know where Banners' avatar comes from now!

mogzilla

catching up on the hamlyn trades i missed like ,raptaur (bugger,paid 3 quid for that then ot it free a couple o weeks later in the meg ::)) fetish and babes in arms

what happened to siku? liked his take on dredd almost cariacture ike inikada or wotshis name was from regime change liked that stuff too!

James Stacey

Quote from: mogzilla on 03 June, 2010, 11:15:21 PM
what happened to siku?
He did a 'Bod cover a couple of weeks ago

Colin YNWA

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 June, 2010, 11:49:47 AM
Quote from: mogzilla on 03 June, 2010, 11:15:21 PM
what happened to siku?
He did a 'Bod cover a couple of weeks ago

Which Pete Wells covered in his excellent Covers Blog here

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.com/2010/05/siku-red-dead-redemption.html

Which included at the bottom a linkie t Siku's website so you can see exactly what he's up to these days.

http://www.theartofsiku.com/

mogzilla

we gotta gettim back on a dredd strip!!!

just finished my hamlyn collection(thanks amazon) of blind justice book of the dead and democracy now

and dredd and lobo!!!

Kerrin

Just finished "SUPERHUMAN" by Michael Carroll of this parish. Loved it! The story and characters were spot on and I laughed out loud several times, mainly at another of Lance's quips. Aimed at the teenage market but highly enjoyable for all. If you've got a teenager buy them a copy, if you haven't, buy one for yourself. Available from the link below...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Human-Michael-Carroll/dp/0399252975/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1275923658&sr=1-2-fkmr0

puggdogg

I'm about half way through Strontium Dog Agency Files vol.1 I've never read any SD before. I had only listened to the audio dramas starring Simon Pegg.

I, Cosh

Downriver by Iain Sinclair. I think I'm missing something.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Halfway through Chabon's Manhood for Amateurs, an original take on an autobiography.  It's very funny and frequently thought-provoking, but as it goes on I'm growing to dislike the man himself.  That he makes me feel inadequate as a person is only part of it, but it's probably a big part. Pity, because I love his work.

Daveycandlish

Ploughing through Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu-Earth 02.

It's been years since I saw Cam Kennedy's B&W artwork on this, and it's chuffing brilliant!

I'm actually surprised the book is as good as it is, as a lot of the early collections have left me cold previously.

Recommend this one though.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Roger Godpleton

Just started Walt & Skeezix vol 1.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

HOO-HAA

I'm on my third run with Stephen King's Duma Key. It's getting exciting, again, and hurtling towards a rather creepy finish. The man writes well, when he wants to; you have to give it to him.

After I'm done with that, I'll either return to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo or start on a rather delightful mint condition, first edition Cujo I picked up today from the charity shop I work at :D 

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Kerrin on 07 June, 2010, 04:17:11 PM
Just finished "SUPERHUMAN" by Michael Carroll of this parish. Loved it! The story and characters were spot on and I laughed out loud several times, mainly at another of Lance's quips. Aimed at the teenage market but highly enjoyable for all. If you've got a teenager buy them a copy, if you haven't, buy one for yourself. Available from the link below...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Human-Michael-Carroll/dp/0399252975/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1275923658&sr=1-2-fkmr0

Cheers, Kerrin! Always happy to see positive reviews!
-- Mike