Main Menu

SUBSCRIPTIONS

Started by Mudcrab, 21 May, 2002, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

Please can we have "PLEASE DO NOT BEND" or something similar printed on the envelopes. Once again, my local mutant post office worker decides it's just another piece of crap from a building society and folds it as much as possible around the other post. I'm not going to complain to them cos I can't imagine getting any response. So it seems easier to ask for this to be printed.

I'll post this every week until it is done or I at least get some kind of response. You (whoever it may concern) have until the end of my current subscription to effect this. If it's not done, it'll be the last prog I buy. I'll get along quite happily on Vertigo titles written and drawn by ex-2000ad artists.

If I should be writing directly to someone, let me know, but I'm sure there are plenty others with the same problem.

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if the idiots just folded it, but they have to feckin' crease it too. Feckin mutants, you'd think people with intelligence as low as that would be strangled and drowned at the age of 12. Ah well, but then, who'd be a postie?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

I'll sign your petition!

I don't really have any folded prog problems, but if it was deliveded folded up then I'd be right peeved.  Even typing PLEASE DO NOT BEND! in large bold type above the address on the labels would be nice - that wouldn't even envolve changing the stationery!

Oddboy.
Subsciber number: dunno I can't remember - is it the 4 digits above your name or the one after it?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Matt

I'm sick of creased progs as well. Surely a "DO NOT BEND" warning on the envelopes wouldn't be too hard to implement?

Mudcrab

YES! Subscribers unite!!!

C'mon Tharg, where are ye?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

JTurner

Was it someone here who said that they recieved a package of photos which had "Photographs, do not bend." written on the envelope. Some silly bugger at the post office had written "Yes they do" underneath.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU ARE DEALING WITH!

Then again, my friend's a postie and he's a great guy. Also, I buy my 2K from the newsagents, and seem to have a lot less trouble than you guys.

Tu-plang

A nice guy... does he have webbed feet?

I wouldn't risk buying from the newsagency for fear of missing yet more progs.  The Oz distributors really don't give a rats arse for 2k or the Meg, I'm still finding the progs I've missed due to their dodginess over the years.  Plus here in Oz subscription is seven weeks earlier than newsagencies and cheaper too.

Webbed feet AND a hairy forehead.

SovietSam

We could have a war...i like war....we can spank all those little postie mutie thingies!!!!!

Leigh S

I think your fighting a losing battle here - I'm waiting for a parcel that is now a week overdue.  As my postie has in the past left packages on my doorstep, which I've been fortunate enough to find before some local scally, I don't have much faith I'll ever see it.  

I asked the postie if I'd had any other packages in the week, and he just shrugged and said "Well, it's the post office isn't it?", as if we can expect nothing more from them!  Don't punish 2000 for the beasty postmans errors grobbendoug! (but a "do not bend" stamp would be nice)

Mudcrab

Absolutely, I don't want to complain or anything, just trying to get some kind of 'do not bend' thing, as I know complaining to the post office would be like trying to get blood out of a particularly retentive stone.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

red_lichtie

Up here in Angus it depends on who actually delivers the post. Is it the regular postie or some spotty 17 year old straight out of school. The regular postie is liable to do a decent job but the spotty git doesn't. It also helps that I don't live in a city as small town posties tend to be better. Well, most of the time anyway.

RL