Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 July, 2023, 02:38:00 PMJudge Dredd: The Complete Case Files: Volume 43 - Paperback, 304 pages, 18th January 2024

Dawn of Justice!

In this volume of the best-selling Complete Case Files series, Dredd uncovers the House of Pain, a no-way-out, brutal torture prison for serial perps, and must stop Orlok from spreading a lethal bio-virus – from beyond the grave! And, after a mysterious package is delivered to the Grand Hall of Justice, Dredd ventures into the Cursed Earth in search of answers that will unveil the history of the Judges, and their ascent to total power.

After looking through what's in this volume, it's made me realise that I'll now be up to date with both the Prog AND the Meg at the same time.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

nxylas

If nothing else, the Case Files have made me better at subtracting 122 from the year.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

IndigoPrime

If it is the entire run, it'll be interesting to see how it's done. I'm not sure Rebellion would have the right to reprint eg ads, but it should be able to do all the covers and strip pages. And 75 quid is a big COUGH COUGH, but then I've bought Marvel books at a similar price point. (I mean, they have more pages, but they also have a larger audience than Scream will ever have.)

dan200

Looks like Case Files 43 contains every 2000AD story up to and including the Origins lead-in story "The Connection", and most of the Megazine stories that were published during Origins. This sets up Case Files 44 to contain Origins in its entirety!

Dash Decent

Essential Judge Dredd (Volume 7): Tour of Duty Book 1 - Paperback, 224 pages, 4th January 2024

After Dredd's discovery of a mutant branch of his bloodline during Origins, the lawman has started to take a closer look at Justice Department's treatment of those unfortunates warped by the legacy of the Atomic Wars. Mutants are currently forbidden entry into Mega-City One, and exiled to facilities and townships in the irradiated wasteland, but Dredd believes it's time the law was changed – but is even he prepared for the turmoil he's about to unleash?

The stories collected in this volume affect the Dredd strip for years to come, and features work by writer John Wagner (Button Man) and artists Colin MacNeil (Essential Judge Dredd: America), Kev Walker (Star Wars), Patrick Goddard (Battle Action), and Rufus Dayglo (Tank Girl).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Blue Cactus

Quote from: dan200 on 09 July, 2023, 12:12:24 AMLooks like Case Files 43 contains every 2000AD story up to and including the Origins lead-in story "The Connection", and most of the Megazine stories that were published during Origins. This sets up Case Files 44 to contain Origins in its entirety!

Beautiful!

Colin YNWA

Oh nice to see the choice for Essentials 7 (and I assume 8?) as Tour of Duty. An epic I feel rather gets overlooked between Origins and Day of Chaos and one I think is better than both (indeed its tussling for my fav Dredd epic) so nice to see it getting a place in the spotlight ahead of lots of potential alternatives.

I also think its a great way to showcase numerous different elements of Dredd's world and his story. Nice choice.

Dash Decent

Black Max - Volume Three - Paperback, 144 pages, 18th January 2024

German World War One flying ace Baron Maximilien Von Klorr returns and this time he isn't on his own!

Evil scientific genius, Doctor Gratz has formed an unholy alliance with the giant bat-controlling Baron and together the two sinister fiends have formulated a paln to destroy Paris!

Featuring the stunning artwork of Alfonso Font, this third instalment marks the final adventures of the original Black Max comic strip run.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 July, 2023, 01:50:38 PM40 Years of Scream! Hardcover, 464 pages, 25 April 2024

464 pages!  Could this be every issue of Scream reprinted in a single volume?  Has "Diceman" kicked off a trend?  Will we soon see the Complete School Fun for everyone to, er, not buy?

No way!

<Checks price> No way!

A must purchase for those of us who's arteries are hardening quicker than the ink is drying at the printers, but honestly, I am not a huge fan of the gargantuan tome format.
I'd have loved this to be a series of 3 - 4 hardbacks.

Now the game is afoot in trying to secure a copy lower than the RRP...

Max Headroom

I must say that I disagree with Link Prime and do prefer the big, bulky volumes which contain everything in one edition. I would personally call for more of them and I don't mind paying a higher price for these complete books. What do others think?

Southstreeter

Case Files approaching Origins means either:
1. We're getting seriously caught up with the modern stuff now!
2. Origins was actually ages ago and it just only feels recent to an old duffer like me.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Southstreeter on 14 July, 2023, 06:19:48 PMOrigins was actually ages ago

It was 06-07.

In '06: Twitter was founded, the Wii launched, Pluto got re-classified (to a dwarf planet), Google bought YouTube and Steve Irwin died.

To a 17-year old, it was a lifetime ago.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 14 July, 2023, 06:52:05 PMTo a 17-year old, it was a lifetime ago.

Yeah... but we'll have reduced the planet to an uninhabitable hellhole before they reach thirty... so the joke's on them!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Origins was...mmm...eight years ago, tops. Something has gone wrong with time.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 July, 2023, 01:50:38 PM40 Years of Scream! Hardcover, 464 pages, 25 April 2024

464 pages!  Could this be every issue of Scream reprinted in a single volume?  Has "Diceman" kicked off a trend?  Will we soon see the Complete School Fun for everyone to, er, not buy?

I really want this but would like to order from Rebellion. When's it going on the Webshop?
Lock up your spoons!