Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Less than a month until the most brutal budget in Irish history.

Who will feel the most pain? Healthcare workers? The disabled? The elderly? Parents? Children? The police? The homeless?

Place your bets now, fellow Paddies!

JayzusB.Christ

I'm outta here. As soon as possible. We're in the gutter and we're not getting out of it any time soon.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

All Social welfare from the dole to pensions, childrens allowance,  is going to get hammered, because it the easy target, no messy unions to get involved. The low paid will get brought into the tax bracket and the minimum wage will probably be reduced. Metro north(right name?) the Greens pet project will get the flick. Water charges will be introduced, which I have no particular beef with, I pay for the ESB no reason I shouldnt pay for water.
Property tax will probably be introduced which I have a hugh problem with, I have sunk a tonne of money into my house over the years and Im lucky enough not to be caught in negative equity, But I have paid vat on everything that went into the huse, Stamp duty, registration fee commencement fee planning fee,  etc, I have paid my tax on my house, so feic off you bastards!!!!! 

I reckon the budget wont be put through, the governmet will fall. There will be a new government before christmas with a comfortable majority, (not FF) who will ram the budget through, international markets will react favourably, so we may not have to dip into the IMFecb contingency fund.
QuoteWe're in the gutter
I wouldnt get too panicked yet unless you are stuck with a mortgage you cant pay( there should be some sort of help fo those)  Ireland is still in a very good position, far from been broke the Irish taxpayer has vast amounts of money piled away but they are too frightened to spend it, once everything settles that money will reappear. Ireland also has the highest birthrate in Europe, and a young highly skilled workforce and the only English Speaking country in the Eurozone, which is of big interest to american corpos.

Is there enough predictions there?!  Be interesting to see how it pans out, Im positive, today is the worst day, and in the words of that other Irishman, 'things can only get better'

David

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

Google:

"crash JP Morgan buy silver"

The fightback is on!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

"November 19th, 2010

We've just got back from handing in 60,000 messages to Ofcom calling on them to block Rupert Murdoch's bid to take control of BSkyB..."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

I really hope that the Irish continue to hold out and refuse EU/IMF bailouts as it wont do them any good at all because if they do then things wont get better as you will be totally FUCKED as this is proven time and time again.I also read somewhere today that the Irish are being pushed to raise corporation taxes which is another BAD idea as that is one of the few things that might save Ireland.

Dont anyone get any ideas that they are out of the woods because you are not.

Ireland should leave the EU ASAP.

Last of all its the Irish Pro-EU brigade that got you into this mess so dont go voting any more Pro-EU Shills into office.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

noodles

JOE SOAP

Quote from: johnnystress on 20 November, 2010, 12:43:54 AM

He has the lips for it but it's usually only Carlsberg that passes them.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: noodles on 20 November, 2010, 07:17:49 PM
And as if you didn't have enough to worry about...http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/kevin-myers-no-moralising-reverend-sir-gerard-adams-all-right-weve-heard-the-shovels-at-midnight-2421780.html

Good luck Ireland!

Gerry Adams is no threat to this country, the vast majority of people only tolerate him for his involvement in the peace process but not as a political leader. The author of this article Kevin Myers is a known snobby/right-wing scaremonger who once supported the IRA in his youth as a bourgeois student but then became a conservative in middle-age. The Independent newspaper is a cornucopia of these types, telling us for years that we should be spending money on property like there's no tomorrow and don't forget to support Fianna Fail, a party who have done more damage to this country than the IRA did in their terror campaign. Gene Kerrigan is the only real journalist in that rag.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 November, 2010, 09:43:50 PM
I'm outta here. As soon as possible. We're in the gutter and we're not getting out of it any time soon.

It will be a worldwide depression eventually, there's nowhere left to run for the working man.

Peter Wolf

The Real IRA allegedly threaten to blow up banks and bankers:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/real-ira-threatens-to-attack-british-bankers-2338591.html

This could be BS but its very easy to see that as the problems with bankers escalate then its definately possible that there will be attacks on Banks that are either real or staged and the result will be more security clampdowns which means clampdowns on your rights as it will escalate the Police State and it will provide the perfect pretext to attempt to distract everyone from their criminal activities as they will all run and hide behind the security threat and there will be a ring of armed security all around the City Of London and body scanners etc which make the criminals who operate from the City more protected and untouchable.

Respective govts will attempt to justify their existence by dealing with it using the politics of fear.

Since when do terrorist organisations that are genuine conduct interviews with the Guardian newspaper ?

How do you know for sure that it is the Real IRA ?

:lol:

Its just laughable and if you dont believe me then try it yourself.Create your own terrorist organisation that plans to bomb the City Of London and contact the Guardian and wait and see what happens......

Another article :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/8003234/Real-IRA-threatens-to-attack-British-bankers.html

Its completely and utterly ludicrous  :lol:

This must be some kind of controlled opposition exercise involving intelligence agencies.You would think that giving speeches about that kind of subject matter would have you arrested by police [unless you are an intelligence operative or connected to them] and besides if these Muppets meant business then they would not be talking about it in public like this or conducting interviews as they would be doing it.

The establishment will try to control and manipulate and divert and co-opt peoples anger at the Bankers through various means.Its not being talked about very much at present but it soon will be i am sure.

This in turn will create the situation where if you talk openly about the Banksters and the banking system in any way that is not positive then you might well find yourself being labelled as a "Terrorist" not to mention any affiliation to any political organisation or political website will result in the same thing.Its very easy to see where this is going........

Never let a crisis [either real or engineered [create the crisis]] go to waste as it allows you to do things that you were previously unable to do.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death