Main Menu

Don't Panic

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 25 November, 2006, 11:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Am playing "Phoenix Wright" on the DS at the moment - has a touch of the old adventure games in it, with a somewhat different interface of course.

"Beneath a Steel Sky" back on the Amiga was a good point-and-click - and devised by our own Dave Gibbons.

M@

Satanist

First game I ever played was a text adventure called Castle of Terror on C64. It had a bug which meant you could never kill Dracula.

I tried for effing years.

Other goodies were Very Big Cave Adventure & The Big Sleaze.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Adrian Bamforth

I remember reading about a bug in one adventure where you have to pay money to someone and choose the amount of money. Unfortunately they had forgotten to program anything to stop you from putting in a negative amount, and you could therefore pay -£100 and have it added to your money.

ADE

ThryllSeekyr

Floyd,

I was thinking about that Dan Dare Game myself. Being another property of this mag. I rmember al the hype it recievcd in computer magazines when it was first being developed.

Looking back on it now, thinking that it couldn't have been that hard or taken that long to make compared to the games out this days. Mind you, alot of the today games lose out in imagination depth of story when they are swapped for gigibytes of 3D accelarated graphical enhancements.

I'm think there may be a emulation for it. You may have to pay for the downbload though. It's worth looking for.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeinga re-hash made based on the adventures of Dan Dare or the old Flash Gordon.

The Adventurer

"Beneath a Steel Sky" back on the Amiga was a good point-and-click - and devised by our own Dave Gibbons.

Beneath a Steel Sky is also FREE these days. You can get the game files and the emulator needed to run it in Windows over at SCUMMVM (see link below)

Link: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php" target="_blank">Beneath a Steel Sky and ScummVM Emulator program

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ThryllSeekyr

Here's page with some sound samples from 'Dan Dare'  and a java mini game.

ThryllSeekyr

Here's page with some sound samples from 'Dan Dare'  and a java mini game.

Link: http://www.dan-dare.net/Dan%20C64/Dan-Dare-Commodore-64.htm" target="_blank">Still couldn't fiond a download for the full game

Floyd-the-k

using six year old magic, Roy has gotten us into the space ship. Now we can't get that fish in our ear. Can anyone help?

yours fishlessly,

Floyd (and Roy)

SamuelAWilkinson

Twin Kingdom Valley was the finest of this genre, as I recall. As a bairn, it took me literally years to crack this on the Acorn Electron.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Adrian Bamforth

Well you have to look at what you're carrying and set things up around you bit by bit to stop  it from shooting off.

ADE

TordelBack

"Twin Kingdom Valley was the finest of this genre, as I recall. As a bairn, it took me literally years to crack this on the Acorn Electron."

Ah, the very first adventure game I ever completed!  Not sure that there was even a save function on TKV - I seem to recall writing out the solution by hand, page after page, to speed up each successive game: N, N, GET AXE, S, E, W, OPEN GRATE, D, etc. etbloodyc. As I progressed, I'd be blind-typing my way up and down the valley for twenty minutes before I started playing anew.  A good story, too, IIRC.  Certainly a step up from other Electron games, such as Moonbase Alpha (one long copyright infringement from its title on...) and Cylon Attack (ditto).  I do remember another Electron adventure I quite enjoyed, called, I think, 'Space'.

Adrian Bamforth

ThryllSeekyr

Has anybody played the 'Leather Goddess of Phobos' with scratch and sniff stickers.