Main Menu

Nostalgia TV

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 11 March, 2024, 02:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: nxylas on 12 March, 2024, 05:59:19 PMAnd in case you haven't heard it, here's Stew interviewing He Who Knows The Score: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lblq9

Thanks for this - I thought it was a different Lee / Moore one, and have edited this post accordingly.  Stew is without a doubt my favourite stand-up comedian ever, but the Great Beard steals the show in the interview I saw, which was mainly about the sock puppet he ostensibly worships.  He was duly handed the role of belligerent interviewer for an episode of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, easily filling the shoes of the regular hostile interrogator Chris Morris, my favourite non-stand-up comedian ever.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Purely out of dumb curiosity I've been watching the original run of Robot Wars from 1996 through to 2004. Might be a bit on the more recent side compared to some nostalgic musings before but for sprogs of a certain age it holds a significant distinction as being one of the sickest things a kid of 8 and under could see from the comfort of their own home.

And yup, it still holds up! Completely madcap carnage and that's what it's remembered for, Craig Charles just cinches it as the manic host (it's public knowledge he was using a lot of the blow at the time, for all the good he was doing here and on Red Dwarf the 90's weren't a good period for the poor guy, glad he got clean) but its particularly funny to consider Jeremy Clarkson as the host of season 1 nearly got decapitated by a faulty razor disc on a house robot imploding and sending shrapnel everywhere.