Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: Polygon grunt on 06 February, 2013, 12:32:17 PM

with your blessing id love to grace my computer background with that, stunning!

I'd be very flattered, please be my guest.

mygrimmbrother

Blackmocco - HUGE love for that Nemesis! What did you use for that?

blackmocco

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 06 February, 2013, 03:00:29 PM
Blackmocco - HUGE love for that Nemesis! What did you use for that?

Ha! It's digital. Did it in Photoshop. Had the sketch for a few weeks but didn't know what to do with it so just fucked around with it with this weird brush I have in PS. Lots of layers until I liked it. What sold it for me (and that doesn't happen often!) was just duplicating the image on top of itself and discovering it went all chunky and painterly. I actually love it, if I may be so bold, which is the nicest part because I usually rip my own work to shreds once it's done. Might print this bad boy and throw him in a frame even.

Really loving the 2000AD Twitter comp right now. So many different styles so it's pretty easy to get inspired to try something different.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Bhuna

Great work everyone as per usual. Loving the Nemesis blackmocco.

Here' the cover for Davey's Paragon #13 (I think) which I've done. It's my first cover I've done so I'm pretty chuffed. The beastie of the tale has been designed by James Corcoran who's illustrating the main Spencer Nero strip.

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Mabs

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 13 October, 2012, 05:52:24 PM

A frame from a little something I've been working on this week - I was going for a Caballistics, Inc. vibe.

That is outstanding, mate. Was Tiernan Trevallion on art duties for Caballistic? I know he did a marvellous job in the later Absalom spin off. In fact some of the best stuff i've seen to be honest.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Quote from: Bhuna on 06 February, 2013, 08:27:42 PM
Great work everyone as per usual. Loving the Nemesis blackmocco.

Here' the cover for Davey's Paragon #13 (I think) which I've done. It's my first cover I've done so I'm pretty chuffed. The beastie of the tale has been designed by James Corcoran who's illustrating the main Spencer Nero strip.

Wow. Just wow.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mabs on 07 February, 2013, 01:52:56 AM
Quote from: Daveycandlish on 13 October, 2012, 05:52:24 PM

A frame from a little something I've been working on this week - I was going for a Caballistics, Inc. vibe.

That is outstanding, mate. Was Tiernan Trevallion on art duties for Caballistic? I know he did a marvellous job in the later Absalom spin off. In fact some of the best stuff i've seen to be honest.
Dom Reardon did the art for Cabs.inc.

Mabs

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 February, 2013, 08:43:42 AM
Dom Reardon did the art for Cabs.inc.

Oh, thanks for that mate. I might check it out soon.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

JAMESCOR

Nice work Bhuna!!

After a lengthy hiatus I have a new blog where I have posted some more Spencer Nero as try as I might it will not post here.

James

fictitiousink.blogspot.com

NeilFord

Looking good chaps!

I'm back working on my book this month... pointy clicky if you want to see it larger than this dumb forum system allows.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: NeilFord on 09 February, 2013, 12:24:07 PM
Looking good chaps!

I'm back working on my book this month... pointy clicky if you want to see it larger than this dumb forum system allows.

Lovely work there, Neil. Do you have any comics online?

SKD

I really like the 'Kirby' vibe you've got going on there JAMESCOR.

And Neil, bloody 'ell, you've done it again. That one little picture just draws you in, I want to know who she is, what she's looking at, what's going on.... Excellent.

Stew.

mygrimmbrother

Neil Ford once again I am in awe. Neck-deep in awe in fact!

Haven't posted any art on here for a while - here's my latest Dredd pic :)

Hawkmumbler

MGB you have a new fave! That is pure ace. :D