Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

A page from the strip mentioned above

Looking forward to seeing your lettering BOlt-01

Jon

Quite, quite jealous of that page, it's luvverly.

Really nice.

Really, really nice.

Mmmmm...anyway...

One of the clients (a tabletop games outfit) I've been doing an increasing amount of work for gain a percentage of their revenue through Kickstarter. As a part of this backers of a certain level can be written in to short adventures and the like along with an accompanying illo. Generally I'm given a mugshot and a brief, and for reasons best known to the AD, a very short time to produce the work. Though I was dubious at first, like so many things that a need to pay the mortgage push you in to, it's been a really useful learning process. I think I might even start doing it for fun (or possibly birthday cards), when I get time.

Here's the latest, the result of three unplanned and weary hours in the small hours of this morning.

conceptboy

Jon, that looks great, are you working on Photoshop?... using a tablet?....

Jon

Thank you.

Yup, Photoshop CC and a Cintiq 13HD (though I tend to keep using it more like an Intuous and working on my Dell cos, you know, old habits die hard....)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Crazy Fox Machines being menaced by shadow man! ;) Lovely work Jon.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jon

Huh, yeah, now you mention it....  :P

CrazyFoxMachine

Jon

I made some spaceships too, by way of variety.

Steven Austin

Not been around these parts for some time - lovely work all round as usual. Jon - you just keep spewing goodness at a ridiculous rate, love the symbiotic zombie woman and also your unwitting likeness to CFM is very strange indeed. Lovely stuff. :)

Here are a couple of bits I've recently done for fun 'n' practice.

TordelBack

It's the unholy spawn of Frazer Irving and Steve Yeowell!  Get that man on Black Shuck 2!

Jon

Spewing?!

Nice pieces. You improve in leaps and bounds of exponential, um, bounciness.

Steven Austin

Haha good spewing Jon...good spewing. ;)

Steven Austin

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 October, 2014, 10:49:41 PM
It's the unholy spawn of Frazer Irving and Steve Yeowell!  Get that man on Black Shuck 2!

Erm - thanks.....I think. ;)

Goaty

As it's October, month of Hallowe'en. So did those illustrations on my iPad.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

The Thing

Candyman

The Ring

Third Estate Ned

Goaty, they are brilliant. They remind me a little of those Polish cinema posters that did the internet rounds a while back. I especially like your Texas Chainsaw one.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/45-amazing-vintage-polish-posters-of-classic-american-films#3s12w96