Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Austin

Pictsy - missed your ones, very cool - I like the 'cheeky' second one. :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Steven Austin on 25 November, 2014, 07:34:22 PM
Here's something I was playing around with this afternoon - just for a bit of fun really....

So that's just playin' huh... can't wait til you do it seriously! That's chuffin' great.

Steven Austin

Cheers Colin.

Haha yeah, 'Just playing about' sounds a bit poncy doesn't it? I just meant it wasn't for anything in particular. :)

Thanks mate :)

pictsy

Cheers Steven.  Really liking the Hulk vs Dredd picture.  Excellent pencils just begging to be inked.  Amusing as well ;)

pictsy

Wanted to get back to doing some digital painting so I dug out an old sketch and made this from it.

Woolly

Quote from: Steven Austin on 25 November, 2014, 07:34:22 PM
Very cool Steven, the colour really makes it pop.

Here's something I was playing around with this afternoon - just for a bit of fun really - oh and I am NOT a letterer!! ;)

Well, there go my eyeballs again...  :o
I'm gonna need Dredd's bionics at this rate, and I'll be sending you the bill!  ;)

Truly awesome stuff, and Pictsy's painting style is lush. Great stuff all round.

pictsy

Neil McClements

This is a character from Dorian & Drama: Reflections of the Damned called Violetta Liston.

Jon

That's stunning, Neil. Very beautiful.

This isn't nearly quite so classy.

Heath C Ackley

Lovely work Neil and your pic Jon reminds me of Blade Runner and the end credits of Captain Scarlet!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Neil McClements

Thanks Jon and Zippo. That pic puts me in mind of the old TTA books Jon.

Dave Kendall has been producing some amazing nightmare inspired Dark Judges recently and so I thought I'd have crack at Judge Fire.

Woolly

Been working more on my current entry for the art competition - should hopefully be coloured soon:

Should add, this isnt a re-entry for the art competition, just thought i'd carry on with it  :)

Stu101

Interested to watch this develop Woolly, what was a strong image already has just moved on a level. May I ask if this is one layer of greys purely for assisting the colour stage to come, or a stand alone stage? I am slowly picking up peoples methods of colouring on here (and elsewhere on t'net) and it can boggle my mind sometimes  :-[ which isn't hard.

Woolly

Quote from: Stu101 on 29 November, 2014, 09:40:48 PM
Interested to watch this develop Woolly, what was a strong image already has just moved on a level. May I ask if this is one layer of greys purely for assisting the colour stage to come, or a stand alone stage? I am slowly picking up peoples methods of colouring on here (and elsewhere on t'net) and it can boggle my mind sometimes  :-[ which isn't hard.

Thanks man :)
Yeah, its a rock texture base to add shadows, highlights, and a colour layer to.
Its a cunning way of adding details to the colours, and can make them feel a little more natural and less flat.

This should give you an idea:

..all the mottled grey of the stone image mixes with the colour layer (which is little more than blobs of simple colour really) rather nicely, i find.
There are some good paper textures available online, that are nice to digitally sketch and paint on also.

Stu101

Thanks for the info Woolly, may try similar technique if i get to colour my advent calendar entry.