Main Menu

Final Fantasy XIII: How to make a bad game awful

Started by CheechFU, 18 October, 2014, 12:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheechFU

I was looking forward to the PC release of FF:XIII partly because I love walking in straight lines through worlds that don't even bother to try and disguise their linearity for 20 hours and then "open up" into running in a big circle punching monsters but mostly because Square is finally giving the master race the love they deserve....

And by love I mean
Locked at 720p. I'm led to believe that the p stands for peasant but my sources (the internet) could be wrong.
Zero graphics options. Absolutely none. Nothing. Nope. Wat? No Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, V-sync, Shadow Resolution. Nothing.
50GB++ download because they included badly compressed cut scenes in japanese and english for the anime nerdz. I have unlimited fast internet but even 50GB is not going to happen.
Also pressing escape immediately quits to desktop because no one ever presses the universal pause/options key for anything else right?

Why are nearly all japanese console ports terrible

Professor Bear

The uneducated gamer might assume that the Japanese arm of Square games is rubbish and has been since FFXI, and they might base this assumption on the evidence of their own eyes, ears, wallet, and what every single person who's played their dreadful games tells everyone about those dreadful games, but they would be wrong, because Square are actually saints who noticed that the really good Everquest games make people stay online so long that they die, so Square created games Everquest fans would want to play but then deliberately made them so poor that those fans quickly turn off and go outside and get exercise and meet girls instead.
If FFXIII had been good, you'd probably be dead right now, and instead all Square gets is your ungrateful attitude.  You make me sick.

James Stacey

(FFXIV is the Everquest clone not FFXIII, and XIV runs just fine on PC ... as you were  ;))