Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

I was in a really good mood but then I just had to go and re-open old wounds.

I attempted to use one half of my balsa wood stick to open a bottle of cider. Now the two halves don't cohere at all.

Now I have bits of balsa wood all over my carpet.

Now that I think about it, it probably isn't balsa wood at all.

Also: I need some new board bitches, having lost two in one week. PM me if you're interested.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

vzzbux

15 mins late arriving at the car park. The fucker was shut and no contact number. Bang goes my lie in tomorrow as I have to get up at half five to catch the bus into town so I don't incur extra penalties. Bastard.
At least I wasn't the only one as there was a few cars stuck in there. But still, Bastard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

My right thigh is on fire.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

vzzbux

£9.40 for a taxi home yesterday.
£1.80 for a bus ride this morning.
£4.10 parking fee.

Damn expensive mistake for not clock watching which would have cost me a mere £2.10 for parking. Bastard that's nearly 2 Star Wars figures right there.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mardroid

Quote from: vzzbux on 11 October, 2010, 11:43:58 AM
Damn expensive mistake for not clock watching which would have cost me a mere £2.10 for parking. Bastard that's nearly 2 Star Wars figures right there.

I LOVE that reasoning!  :lol:

Reminds me a bit of when I see some costly garment (usually female). I look and think... "But you could get several PS3s/XBoxes for that. And it just sits on the woman and looks pretty."

Not that I make a habit of watching fashion programmes or looking through female clothing catalogues (at least for the latter it wasn't really the clothes I was looking at...)

Cthulouis

What's even worse is when you look at any price/bill/whatever and translate it into hours of work.

A very depressing way of looking at life :'(

Kerrin

After ten years I think I really have had enough of my job. Can't think what else I can train to do at the age of damn near forty though. Bollocks.

Dunk!

Quote from: Kerrin on 11 October, 2010, 07:22:57 PM
After ten years I think I really have had enough of my job. Can't think what else I can train to do at the age of damn near forty though. Bollocks.

If you come up with anything, post it up so I can copy you.
"Trust we"

Kev Levell

It is NEVER too late to chase your dreams.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Kerrin on 11 October, 2010, 07:22:57 PM

In the meantime dont walk out of your job or do anything drastic unless you are offered another job as we are in deep shit economically and politically so until its sorted out keep hold of your job.

The employment situation is a nightmare out there.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

Kerrin- I know how you feel, and not to sound like my mum for a moment, I'd echo what Peter Wolf said. Hang in there, sir.

And now for my own tale of woe.

Today, as some of you might recall, I had a Clinical Review for two of my guys. Basically, this means updating Social Services as to their current situation, and discussing ways we can make the service we provide more specific to their particular needs. The family was there, which is always traumatic (not least for the guys) and it usually at some point becomes a polite slanging match. I was determined this would not happen at this one, so worked extremely hard to make sure that any and all points the family could and would raise had decent answers, and that everyone- from Social Services to the family, to my boss, but mostly the guys- would walk away happy.

Now, without going into too much confidential detail (ie any at all) one of my Service Users has a psychiatrist whose name is Doctor Za----- (rest of name removed). He's usually at these things, so I'm used to calling him by name.

This time, however, we got someone else- a psyCHOLOGIST from Social Services. Lovely bloke, genuinely interested, spot on with his comments, brilliant.

But. He has longish silver hair and a full silver beard. I spent the whole session staring at him, trying not to laugh at who he reminded me of. I knew my boss had picked up on it as well, because in a break I caught her singing a certain Simpsons song at me in the kitchen. To make matters worse, the parent of one of my guys kept referring to him as "Dr Za-----", so that was in my head as well.

Post-review, I showed him out, thanked him for his input, told him I'd send him a copy of my notes and then said:

"Nice to meet you Doctor Zaius".

Oh fucking dear.

SBT

IAMTHESYSTEM

Whoops, Apocalypse SBT. :D 

Did this psychologist then try to dissect your brain and put you in a cage for speaking too him?

He could have been Dr Zaius in disguise spying on Humankind from the future!

Call Justice Dept on...
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

I too have had quite enough of my fucking job. I did look at being re-trained as a green eco- worker maahn -putting in PV (photovoltaics) and associated stuff but the course was government backed and that usually means shit.

Maybe it's time for some distance learning. Long ago I started a biology course at Birkbeck but the traveling just did my head in.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Bolt-01

SBT- That has made my night. I think I'll be chuckling for a long time about that one!

And I'm sorry your postie is a twat. :)