Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2283 - Scare in the community

<< < (3/4) > >>

broodblik:

--- Quote from: norton canes on 26 May, 2022, 02:27:57 PM ---Is there anything on the way from the estimable Rennie droid? Currently reading the first Jaegir collected edition, it's whet my appetite for more - or failing that Aquila, or The Alienist..?

--- End quote ---

Yes, Jaegir's next arc called Ferox will most likely land sometime in August

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: broodblik on 26 May, 2022, 02:36:26 PM ---Yes, Jaegir's next arc called Ferox will most likely land sometime in August

--- End quote ---

The Coleby droid mentioned that he was drawing Norts just a couple of days ago, so there's definitely something in the works.

nxylas:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 May, 2022, 06:14:51 PM ---I'm not sure I've actually declared this but Niemand is now clearly the best none Wagner Dredd writer we have and have had.

--- End quote ---
I'd be hard-pressed to choose between him and Rob Williams. It's great that we have such a high standard of non-Wagner Dredd writing nowadays, compared to the era of "Sonny Steelgrave" et al.

norton canes:

--- Quote from: broodblik on 26 May, 2022, 02:36:26 PM ---Yes, Jaegir's next arc called Ferox will most likely land sometime in August

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 May, 2022, 02:45:15 PM ---The Coleby droid mentioned that he was drawing Norts just a couple of days ago, so there's definitely something in the works.

--- End quote ---

Cool! A ten-parter, I hope

IndigoPrime:

--- Quote from: nxylas on 26 May, 2022, 02:47:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 May, 2022, 06:14:51 PM ---I'm not sure I've actually declared this but Niemand is now clearly the best none Wagner Dredd writer we have and have had.

--- End quote ---
I'd be hard-pressed to choose between him and Rob Williams. It's great that we have such a high standard of non-Wagner Dredd writing nowadays, compared to the era of "Sonny Steelgrave" et al.

--- End quote ---
Rob Williams is an excellent writer, but his Dredds do tend towards blockbuster movies. It’d be interesting to see him run smaller stories across a few months. Niemend, meanwhile, has often skirted around Dredd in strips that are smaller parts of a bigger whole, but now appears to be added more actual Dredd – which is going well.

Personally, I’d say Niemend’s writing feels the closest to Wagner’s, in a manner only Al Ewing has really matched. Honestly, if Tharg threw a load of cash at him and said “just write Dredd for a year”, I’d be happy with that. But between him, Williams, Carroll, etc, with input from a handful of others, Dredd is in good hands, even if it does sometimes feel a bit like we’re reading several alternate universe Dredds rather than a single cohesive whole.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version