Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS - anyone got one?

Started by shaolin_monkey, 13 May, 2012, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 28 March, 2013, 03:21:07 PM

I've hopefully got Luigu's Mansion and Monster Hunter Ultimate in the post too, both of which are getting great reviews.

Can't wait to get Luigis Mansion 2. See it for a good price anywhere online?

shaolin_monkey

The best I've seen is about £30.00 on Shopto.net.

Link Prime

shaolin_monkey

No worries! Have been playing it this morn. It's am absolute delight.  It's the best Ghostbusters game never made!

Apestrife

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 30 March, 2013, 02:33:36 PM
No worries! Have been playing it this morn. It's am absolute delight.  It's the best Ghostbusters game never made!

Yeah, great game! I especially love the animation in it, some of the best I'v seen.

shaolin_monkey

Yes, it's lovely!  So full of character!  Each of the ghosts have a distinct personality and behaviour.  Not only is it totally charming, I find the puzzles and exploring a real delight.  It has the risk/reward system just right, where you don't get too frustrated by a puzzle, but still end up grinning from ear to ear when you crack it and get whatever reward, be it money, further exploration or a nice animated sequence.  The ghost in the bath really made me laugh.  I find it is one of the best games for use of 3D as well. 

Brilliant game.  The 3DS was made for titles like this. 

Here's hoping Animal Crossing has the same standard of quality when it comes out in June, though judging by previous AC titles I have high hopes!

Apestrife

Yeah, it's definitely a feel good game! I'm only a couple of levels in. Just got the dark light. Fun mechanic to toy around with, finding invincible stuff.

I'v been thinking about Animal crossing. Seems like a great amount of stuff to do as a major over the village!

Also a chance I'll buy Fire Emblem Awakening. Tried the demo and liked it, and I really want to play more strategic games. FEA looks quite hardcore too, possible to mate soldiers to get kids and characters can actually die.

Satanist

A new Link to the Past announced today. As thats my favourite Zelda ever , even compared to OOT which Im playing on 3DS right now, Im a happy chap.

Still need to get Luigis Mansion but Fire Emblams out this week and that looks great as well.

but it is my Birthday coming up so who knows.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

shaolin_monkey

I got Fire Emblem today.  I'm itching to play it right now, but I know if I start now, I'll be playing it until it's time to go to work, and I need to sleep sometime!!   :lol:

I've played through the intro, and it's already a lot of fun, even though the majority of stuff hasn't been unlocked yet.  It's just like the previous Fire Emblem games so far, just a different story and a few tweaks to the mechanics.  I've yet to see how this 'character bonding' thing pans out.

shaolin_monkey

Anyone with a 3DS may want to check this out!!!

I've just registered three of the listed games, so hopefully I'll be getting a code for Monster Hunter sometime soon!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

Link Prime

Quote from: Satanist on 17 April, 2013, 10:32:30 PM
A new Link to the Past announced today. As thats my favourite Zelda ever , even compared to OOT which Im playing on 3DS right now, Im a happy chap.

You're a happy chap???
A little golden triangle has been glowing on my hand since that announcement.
Can. Not. Wait.

shaolin_monkey

I just downloaded my free copy of Monster Hunter off the back of that promotion above. It takes 2,500 blocks, so have a spare SD card handy!

The opening sequence is stunning in 3D!

James Stacey

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 April, 2013, 11:04:42 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 17 April, 2013, 10:32:30 PM

You're a happy chap???
A little golden triangle has been glowing on my hand since that announcement.
Can. Not. Wait.
I shat myself with glee when they mentioned that

/o\ direct

damswedon

I bought the Pokedex 3D Pro thing because I'm bad with money and an idiot. Don't buy that thing it is a stripped down Bulbapedia with 3D models.

Snuffers

I don't understand why none of you have even mentioned what looks to be the greatest game for not only the 3DS but for video game console history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgoIo1FsFE
@NigelSnufkin