Main Menu

Rescued comics and what should a comics-noob do with 'em?

Started by Fortnight, 16 December, 2023, 09:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fortnight

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 January, 2024, 09:09:10 AMI must admit I thought Metaphysique was a superhero title in Malibu's short lived line
There is a 6-issue series by Breyfogle from Malibu Comics in 1995 which I don't have, and seems to be a superhero title.

The one I have is a 2-isssue series from Eclipse in 1992, which is an anthology. It's 'presented' by a character called Metaphysique (a la the Crypt Keeper from Creepshow) which may have been what was then developed into the 1995 series. I don't know :)

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 January, 2024, 09:09:10 AMNever heard of Drywall, whose it by?
Drywall is by Rob Schrab, and its cover says it's "a Scud world spin-off". I had a look at the info on comic vine for Scud and it didn't seem very inspirational, but then neither did the blurb on Drywall: Unzipped, and I enjoyed that.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 January, 2024, 09:09:10 AMyou are really peaking my interest
One good turn, and all that :lol:

Barrington Boots

I am interested in this thread for sure!

Probably not read any of these myself but I have read the complete Scud, it being one of those comics I heard lots of good things about, bought it and didn't really enjoy it at all. It's one of those strips that drips 90s-indie-comic-ness... so it's possible I've read that Drywall comic. The Shade stuff sounds interesting though.
You're a dark horse, Boots.