Main Menu

Mobile phone query...

Started by Bolt-01, 26 September, 2007, 09:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Seeking advice from the hive, and and of the command module that may be listening.

I've just change my phone, and went to the Thrill power mobiload page (Had to do a search to find it) only to discover that my phone isn't listed. I've got a Nokia 1600 (old, but cheap!) and wanted to have a nice new 2000ad based pic to look at.

However, I mailed the contact for the mobiles provided and got a bounceback saying that it was a permanent fail.

Does anyone know if this service is still available or not?

Cheers

Dave

Matt Timson

You're just one of the people on the list, Bolt...
Pffft...

WoD

Couldn't you do it yourself mate?  Get an image scanned in, and transfer it to mobile via infrared (for example).

Bolt-01

This phone is not so advanced mate...

Bolt-01

Dunk!

http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/awesome%20old-school%20%20mobile%20phone,%20ArrayComm%20via%20AboutDotCom.jpg">
"Trust we"

WoD

Noisybast

Think you might be a bit stuck, there. I've had a gander online and apparently "The Nokia 1600 phone does not support data cables to transfer information to or from the phone".

Looks like your only possible option is to get someone else to send the image to your phone via MMS.
Can't guarantee that that would work, but it's one option.

If you PM me with your details, I'll try sending one to you, if you want.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bolt-01

Cheers Noisy. I've mailed your hotmail...

Dave

Noisybast

Ahh... The *phone* thing!
I've sent you a test image.
See if it works. If it does, I'll see about sending the image of your choice to your phone.

-Notpayingattentionbast
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bolt-01

Cheers Matt. I'll try it at home tonight. The pic message is waiting for me to retrieve via T'Internet, so I don't think it'll work.

Thanks for trying though!

Bolt-01