Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar COMMENTS Thread 2019!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2019, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Redbaz that is stunning. Simply stunning. Somewhere between the tight humanity of Phil Winslade and the precision of Gerhard (for those that know Cerebus). Just astonishingly good.

The Monarch

JayzusB.Christ

I've just realised what's happening there too - he's halfway through writing the card when he remembers the sad truth.  Lovely stuff - I like my Dredd human.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

More amazing work for the calendar. I doff my hat to you all.

redbaz

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked it. The artwork is available to buy if anyone wants it, ink on a3 paper. Have a judicially approved festive period.

Pete Wells

Great work the last few days chaps, culminating in ANOTHER naked Pete Wells, which I'm sure we can all agree is the real meaning of Christmas! I love it, thanks Flip!

EDIT - you coulda made that censored sign a bit bigger!

von Boom

I wish this board had a like feature (and an ewww feature).  :thumbsup:

JayzusB.Christ

Amazing day on the Calendar today. Well done all and Merry Christmas!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Especially meaty tale from the Shark there, great stuff.

As always I stand in awe of the contributions on this thread, now a fixed part of my Christmas season, and always a highlight. Thank you all.

von Boom

What a wonderful way to round out the calendar. Great story Sharky. Happy Christmas and thanks to you all.

JayzusB.Christ

Colin YNWA

So Redbaz offered this entry to this years Advent for sale and while I dillied and dallied waiting to see how well I came out of the holidays I kept going back to this entry and thinking it would be madness to pass on such a wonderful piece at the incredible price he offered it for. and so...

I captured this glory. Now standard cliche's abound in the flesh it is simply stunning, but you get a good sense of how good this is from this scan that the also lovely Redbaz sent before sending the actual piece (from his website he gave me permission to share). He very kindly sent some really fun Drokkober pieces to I must get around to sharing. But yeah just adore this piece. Is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see winning the art comp. Nowt wrong with the lovely 'painted' pieces we've had so far but they are a little predictable, if wonderfully executed. Something that adds a little something extra and different,  like this is what I always want to get the Star Scan...

Anyway I've blathere quite enough I'm going to immerse myself in Redbaz's website. Come join me.

http://www.barryrenshaw.co.uk/