Main Menu

Dredd design for new film

Started by judda fett, 09 March, 2003, 04:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Okay Im probably being a tad premature here but how should Dredds costume for any forthcoming film be handled?
I think the Stallone vessel was too lycra and shiny for Dredd. I think a creased leather suit (think early McMahon/Ezquerra/MadMax, with darker green armour/pads and less 'shiney' eagle etc.Itd benefit from a Boba Fett sort of used/'lived in' vibe to the ensemble ie Dredd is out fighting crime 22 hours a day and has no time to spit and polish his gear. I hated the shineyness of the Dredd film, whos with me on a sartorially grimey approach...
ps Im very drunk.

judda fett

While Im here, its been said before but Ron Pearlman would make a good Dredd.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bart Oliver

iii Si soy borrachon !!!

I too am generous to the neck in beer and wine..

Oh yeah, the Dredd film costume, I'll settle for any thing that's half way to that McMahon lived-in look.

Cheers,   ii galletas !!
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Devons Daddy

id go for a semi leather approach.
darker pads as you suggest.
lawgiver MKI would be a good idea as well.
ron pearlman has the gritty edge that it needs.
kurt russel may be a bit past it now.in his time perhaps but not know.
i would go for a lesser light,but with the right attitude maybe the guy that plays angel.would be worth a thought.

im with you chaps as well on this one.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mangamax

No other choice but Micheal Mann - can't you see it?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Bolt-01

Micheal Mann is a good choice, but what about Kathryn Bigalow (Near Dark/ Point Break)? She knows her way around an action film.

Kurt Russell is an interesting choice. He is old enough, but not necessarily BIG enough. I still go for Ron Perlman.

rotts.

Trout

I vote for John Waters as director

and the CGI-generated ghost of Margaret Rutherford as Dredd.

We've got years and years to wait before this film goes anywhere, if it does, surely?

- Trout

Richmond Clements

'No other choice but Micheal Mann - can't you see it?'

What about David Fincher?

Art

Tu-plang

that costume is so fucken dumb.

P.S.: Where'd they find that weed claiming to be Dredd?

judda fett

Ha, Ha, that lawgiver looked good though...

Something from shiney Dredd Id possibly salvage- the lawmaster bike.

Tu-plang

"that lawgiver looked good though..."

Such a pity it's the only thing that we DON'T get a good look at in this particular shot...

I'd somehow tone down Dredd's shoulder pads.  There's not a chance in hell that man could run with those beasts on his shoulders.

judda fett

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt there an old sci-fi special with a few snaps of the Dredd costume? Anyone know how old it is and how many versions there were? By my reckoning there are at least three versions- The original, the west-end play version (possibly taken from molds of/if not the original, and the Rebellion version. Can anyone post up some photos please?

Quirkafleeg

Vim Deasel

I think one of the problems with almost all superhero/comic converstions is the costumes look so rubbish on screen. So something a bit realistic and lived-in would look cool. And lots of knee-pads.