Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

My lads got it on his pc and absolutely loves it, he keeps telling me to get it for my ps4 but i don't know if I fancy it ! Looks nice though...

radiator

Crossy Road - a charming isometric low-poly homage to/rip-off of Frogger on iOS.

Great little free game. My high score so far is 98.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 13 February, 2015, 01:33:21 PM

BTW, I just found out my personal Drive Thru RPG libary has been cleaned out!.

Luckily I have managed with the help of my father to retain a lot of stuff the last couple of computers I used and still have the PDF's for all my Slaine RPG downloads.

That never happened, it's just that I must have accidently created another account with them when I tried signing in through Facebook and found that my entire library of virtual roleplaying manuals was empty.

So I contacted them and let them know. Giving them a rough idea of every book I could recall being stored there and nearly a week later. I found that the message I sent had been closed. Discarded without being solved and still there was nothing in my account library.

I then sent them another message with some swearing added in out of frustration and found that it had been discarded the same way the first one was earlier and then sent them another message that wasn't quite so much filled with four letter words as it was still pretty rude.

I waited a few moments before coming to realisation that I might not even be logged into my original account because of signing in through Facebook.  So, as I had naturally forgotten my password and had to go through the process of resetting it or having them send me one that they have randomly generated.  This was harder than usual, because the Forgotten Password link didn't seem to be working and I'm not even sure right now how I got through this process, but I managed to log in to my original account and every thing I believe I had ordered up to now was in there.

Right now I'm trying download all the ones I want to look at straight away and that doesn't seem to be working.

Perhaps a message of apology for my misunderstanding.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 18 February, 2015, 11:56:52 PM
Perhaps a message of apology for my misunderstanding.

Good idea - send them an apology. After all, you didn't hesitate to be rude to them.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ThryllSeekyr

Been playing this for a small while yesterday and think it looks and plays very well for game that only costs twenty dollars.

[ Medieval Engineers

Still needs more work....

You can make your avatar fly if they get stuck in hole, but it's without the jet pack, not even then old age equivalent.

I started building something, but didn't know how to rotate some of the parts and decided to stop playing at that stage for now.

I will try to find out more later on another You-Tube video and I recorded that game and will upload a video of it soon.

I really want to try building my own version of Eternal Fortress of Dinas Emrys.

BTW this game is brought to by the people who made Space Engineers

If your going to buy this game after reading here. I will want you that it does need more work, it looks really pretty at first, but everything seems dead as well and I haven't really found a point to it beyond building stuff.

Buy this game with caution....

CheechFU

Homeworld Remastered.
If you've never played Homeworld before then I feel bad for you, it's probably the best RTS ever made and ate a huge chunk of my time.
A remastered version of HW1 & 2 came out today and it looks and sounds fantastic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: CheechFU on 26 February, 2015, 01:08:41 AM
Homeworld Remastered.
If you've never played Homeworld before then I feel bad for you, it's probably the best RTS ever made and ate a huge chunk of my time.
A remastered version of HW1 & 2 came out today and it looks and sounds fantastic

The original sequel was always much better than the first. The graphics and some other features as well.

I've been looking at this on STEAM, but don't know if I will buy yet. How much better are the remasters.

CheechFU

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 February, 2015, 01:16:40 AM
Homeworld Remastered.

The original sequel was always much better than the first. The graphics and some other features as well.

I've been looking at this on STEAM, but don't know if I will buy yet. How much better are the remasters.
You are literally the only person on the planet to say HW2 is better than 1.

The remaster is based on a heavily updated HW2 engine, which has broken a bunch of HW1 specific things, models, textures, sound have all been remastered so it looks and sounds really good, additional lighting, particle and shadow effects and upto 4k support added. It seems to have a better sense of scale, mother ship looks massive. You also get the two classic unaltered games thrown in.
Multi player is in beta because the balance between HW1 and 2 units is particularly janky and steam workshop is in so there will be mods.
A lot of people are having trouble with it but I've not come across any bugs yet and a lot of people with OCD are going mental about tiny insignificant things, I saw one guy asking for a refund because resource collectors were stationary instead of orbiting asteroids when collecting RU

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: CheechFU on 26 February, 2015, 02:39:53 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 February, 2015, 01:16:40 AM
Homeworld Remastered.

You are literally the only person on the planet to say HW2 is better than 1.

The remaster is based on a heavily updated HW2 engine, which has broken a bunch of HW1 specific things, models, textures, sound have all been remastered so it looks and sounds really good, additional lighting, particle and shadow effects and upto 4k support added. It seems to have a better sense of scale, mother ship looks massive. You also get the two classic unaltered games thrown in.
Multi player is in beta because the balance between HW1 and 2 units is particularly janky and steam workshop is in so there will be mods.
A lot of people are having trouble with it but I've not come across any bugs yet and a lot of people with OCD are going mental about tiny insignificant things, I saw one guy asking for a refund because resource collectors were stationary instead of orbiting asteroids when collecting RU

Sins of the Solar Empire are worth checking out as well.

Dr Feeley Good

Just pre ordered Zombie Army Trilogy for my Ps4 , thought we would have heard more of it on here seeing as it's made by Rebellion. ..

Dr Feeley Good

Ignore me...just seen the thread about it !

JamesC

I'm currently playing Injustice: Gods Among Us on my Wii U.

I'm not a huge fan of super hero event stories or of fighting games but somehow this is just a huge amount of fun.
I'd go so far as to say it's the best (or at least my favourite) fighting game I've ever played. It isn't too complicated and feels really incredibly responsive. And when you pull off one of the hilariously over the top environmental shifts it's really exciting.

Theblazeuk

Even in the in-universe explanation doesn't stop it feeling weird when Joker punches Superman through a wall though.

JamesC

True, but it doesn't stop it being fun either!