Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 03 November, 2016, 09:14:13 AM
It's short (at about 5-6hrs) but is all killer and no filler which is a rarity these days.

Yup, you can finish campaing in 5 hours, it's why I jumped from single to multiplayer from time to time because wanted to not finish it in one day, spend 30 minutes in campaign, stop at checkpoint, go straight to attrition or mixtape in multi for few rounds and back to campaign.

I know Battlefield is also great but I just prefer sci-fi setting for my shooters and TBH I know that if go to B1 next year there'll be still many players, with T2 I'm not so sure.
margaritas ante porcos

Satanist

Mrs is away this weekend so looking forward to chilling out with Everybodys Gone to the Rapture

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 03 November, 2016, 01:52:27 PM
Mrs is away this weekend so looking forward to chilling out with Everybodys Gone to the Rapture
Want to play this as well but there seems to be some issues downloading it.
We never really die.

Satanist

Quote from: I, Cosh on 03 November, 2016, 01:58:47 PM

Instead of going through PSPLUS go to the shop, call up the game and add it to your wishlist, then go into wishlist and it will let you download it from there. Its a rough workaround but it worked for me last night.

Theblazeuk

Played a bit of the free Vermintide over the weekend. Good fun, bit buggy, not quite up to L4D and found the levels a bit pedestrian (and irritated so much held behind DLC since L4D easily had 6 times as much content on release). Still probably the best Warhammer in 3D made so far. Just wish everyone else didn't know the Witch Hunter was the best character.

By-Jove

Love Vermintide and must get back into it. It's very atmospheric of medieval times in a alternate universe or a distorted version of our own world. It just seems so right for that type of game.

By-Jove

Whoops, that definitely later than medieval times or towards end of it at least.

By-Jove

PsychoGoatee

Really enjoyed Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour, they got the same level designers and music composer from back in 1996 for a new episode. And the voice actor of course. Classic FPS level design, lots of fun.

Also still diggin on Overwatch, won over 200 quick play matches. (which means I've probably played 400  :D)

Professor Bear

Osiris: New Dawn - in theory this sounds great: an immersive first-person adventure in which you play a castaway stranded on a remote planet with only the contents of your escape pod to cobble together into something that can replenish your air, help you fashion rudimentary tools, and aid you in growing basic crops, but in practice you bang at one rock to get a shovel, bang at another rock to get some steel, dig up some sand and you have glass, and about twenty minutes later you've build the habitat and vehicle from The Martian just by banging rocks together and have started shooting the local wildlife to relieve the tedium.

I have now ruined vanilla Skyrim forever by giving mods a go.  As far as I can tell, game modding is driven by the twin demands of PC gamers who want sexier female NPCs, and the option to rape horses, but sexual deviancy simulations aside, there are actually loads of really great mods that can completely transform how you play Skyrim on the most basic level to the point that going back to the console version just isn't an option.  My favorites are Moonlight Tales (an expansion of the basic in-game werewolves and their lore), Predator Vision (which is exactly what it sounds like), Falskarr (a huge new area about a third the size of the regular game map), Tytanus (which lets you use a bear, tiger or mammoth as you would a horse), Huskies (adds huskies to the game), Penguins (adds penguins), Climates of Tamriel (an overhaul of the in-game weather and lighting effects), and the ingenious Defeat: Your Money or your Life, which takes one of the most boring parts of playing Skyrim - getting killed unexpectedly and having to retrace your footsteps from your last save - and revamps it as a new game dynamic where you can suffer fates other than death when you fall in combat, depending on the settings you choose and what other mods you have installed: you can be robbed (your fancier armor and weapon items get nicked and you're left for dead in another part of the map), rescued by friendly NPCs (you wake up in a random tavern), sold into slavery (you begin a new quest to escape from a prison), or the enemies have their dogs bum you (you have installed entirely the wrong mod).
There are also mods that allow Dragons to bum you, so clearly someone thought this was a glaring omission from the modern gameplaying lexicon - fucking PC master race - but if you can avoid surprise megareptile buttsecks dropping from the sky for long enough to do the other stuff that's fun and won't be seared onto the back of your eyes until the day you die, modded Skyrim is a real hoot - or at the very least a great time sink.

Theblazeuk

WIth the new CPU and the new Motherboard and the new RAM come all those lovely games I never could play... even if the GFX card is a bit limiting, it's surprisingly powerful at the raw stuff (just struggles with the textures, bells and whistles).

Dying Light is proving the most appealing out of the selection so far. Possibly because it's the kind of game my previous rig would have at best, run at a stuttering snails pace and now goes completely smoothly. BUt also because it's quick and easy to pick up and play for short stretches without a long-term goal. Dicking around never feels like a break in the narrative either, though some of that is down to how pants the narrative is so far. The parkour is very fun and my only wish is the fast zombies weren't night time only, so I could have a few around whilst being able to actually see the world around me. Oh and that the bloody weapons weren't so fragile, I find all the modding and building as tiresome as I love jumping from building to building.

For now Mankind Divided (which I thoroughly enjoyed so far but have left on the burner in Prague, overwhelmed slightly by the number of side missions available to me) is on the back burner whilst I get back into faster games. And... maybe there's a little bit of pain when my newly upgraded computer struggles with the shininess of Mankind Divided...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 03 November, 2016, 02:57:45 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 03 November, 2016, 01:58:47 PM
Instead of going through PSPLUS go to the shop, call up the game and add it to your wishlist, then go into wishlist and it will let you download it from there. Its a rough workaround but it worked for me last night.
Bit disappointed that this turned out to be complete shite. On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't pay money for it as I'd thought of doing a couple of months ago.

I've mainly been playing the similarly priced Letter Quest which is basically a throwaway mobile game ported to PS4 and quite addictive. Best word so far is "potentiation."
We never really die.

Satanist

Aye played Rapture for about 2 hours at the snails pace you walk (no way you can call that a fucking run button)  only to have it glitch out with a vanishing waypoint. Now I don't know where to go and cant be arsed starting again.

Bought the new COD just so I can play MW online (part of the problem), won 2nd game of FFA and called a camping cunt on my 3rd. STILL GOT IT!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Pang.

Played for three hours last night. Good but some parts seem unduly luck based. It was under £4 on PSN flash sale.

Also got Strider at £2.50 and Steamworld Heist at £6.50, which is meant to be great and Vita compatible
Lock up your spoons!