Main Menu

One Year Old

Started by The Legendary Shark, 30 June, 2010, 11:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

It's my birthday on July 5th (44, dammit) - and also the Rowdy Yates Block Citizens' Yap Shop over at www.paltalk.com is just over a year old. Yaay!

So, to celebrate a year of chat that's seen such visitors as John Wagner, Pat Mills, Carlos Ezquerra and the ever present and much loved Colin MacNeil, amongst other droids too numerous and talented to mention, I thought we'd try for a little party.

I'm going to email as many droids as I can and if any agree to attend, I'll post their names here. If anyone else would like to attend this one-off on-line party, or if you know anybody who might be interested, or know any droids, or are a droid and you want to call by for a jolly good chatter about nothing in particular, please come along!

The time and place is next Wednesday, the 7th of July and let's say eight-ish until whenever.

What do you all reckon? There's only a week so it might all come to naught but, what the Hell, shall we give it a go?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

Ah, no wonder you're a "Legendary" shark...legends are created by the passing of time...!

Happy Birthday if'n I don't see you round before then.

The Legendary Shark

I've sent out a load of invites. Fingers crossed for a good response.

Of course, there is an open invitation for everyone off the Boards. Come along. Bring a friend. Kidnap a droid and bring that, too...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Any chance of chloroforming Roger and locking him in a cupboard? John Smith was a hair away from getting updated about his poo, we all dodged a rather unpleasant bullet there.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

John Wagner and Ian Gibson just asked me to remind them on the day...

Things are looking up. Also, Roger's on the Late Shift and won't be home until midnight, which is a shame. Roger was one of the first to attend the Yap Shop.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DrJomster

Congratulations on the first anniversary! Looking forward to the party!

Think I'd put money on Colin being there judging by his excellent attendence rate!  :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

The Doctor Alt 8

There had better be cake... chocolate cake...  :lol:

The Legendary Shark

Rob Williams July 1, 2010 at 9:02pm
Hi Mark
Thanks for asking. Would you mind sending me a reminder next Wednesday? I'll pop in.
Cheers
Rob

Al Ewing 02 July 2010 at 07:23
Re: The Yap Shop is One Year Old!
I'll do my best to! Give me a reminder on the morning, though, or I'll forget.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

briantm

COMMANDO FORCES

I suppose I better make an appearance, seeing as I'm off that night  ;)

briantm

I've invited as many creators from the Nu Earth fanzine as I could get a hold of.

A couple of maybes so far.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]