Main Menu

Hey hey hey hey! Hey Stookie!

Started by GordyM, 21 March, 2012, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordyM

I've been reading the post-Origins Dredd stories about him cleaning up the mutie camps and it made me think of the old stories featuring Stookies.

Then I remembered something about a storyline involving Dredd being injected with Stookie glands (probably without his knowledge of it) as a way of explaining how he's not as worn down and 'showing his age' as much as he should be.

Did this story actually happen? Or is it something I sort of half remember from a letters page, forum post or whatever?
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

James Stacey

I seem to remember it being mentioned once in a strip by characters in conversation that some senior judges were rumoured to be given Stookie.

wow that's pretty vague of me :)

Professor Bear

Yeah, that was just a rumor mentioned in one story, though Dredd did receive rejuve treatment post-Necropolis on McGruder's orders, which I imagine knocked off a few years.  People also live longer in the future, so his still being sprightly is not as big a deal as some make out.

WhitBloke

And Dredd an honorary Stookie himself!  The scandal!

As for dosing a judge with Stookie, I've often thought it would be a superb way to ruin a judge.  "Well, hell, even if you didn't take it, your career's over.  We can hardly have people known for eating sentients' guts on patrol!  We won't even let Guthrie on patrol for being a cyborg.  You're screwed.  Report to Picking and Packing Division."
So this is der place then, Johnny?

GordyM

Thanks for the help.

I reckon it would make for a very interesting story if Dredd discovered they were injecting him with Stookie glands while he's in a rejuve chamber. It could be a secret motion passed years ago right at the top by a previous Chief Judge recognising the need to keep Dredd going for as long as possible, the process such a closely-guarded secret that the more recent Chief Judges don't even know it's going on.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

WhitBloke

Why, Mr M, are you penning a yarn along those lines?  If so, I'd enjoy seeing what you might come up with there.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Steven Sterlacchini

I seem to remember that the main problem with Stookie is that it needs to be taken continuously, or the user reverts to their normal age quite quickly.

From past Dredd stories I doubt Dredd would accept being given it, and would quickly work out if he was being given it without his permission?

GordyM

Quote from: WhitBloke on 25 March, 2012, 12:02:15 PM
Why, Mr M, are you penning a yarn along those lines?  If so, I'd enjoy seeing what you might come up with there.

I'd write it in a second if Tharg gave me the nod.

I think it could be explained if you say it's just a small dosage now and again while Dredd's getting his regulation ten minutes in rejuve.