Main Menu

Brian Bolland signed Prog 225 print cover from the early 1990's for sale!

Started by EddieHitler, 21 March, 2019, 04:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieHitler

Hello

I recently read an article about Gosh Comic Store selling a similar if not the same size item in 2016 and referring to it as exclusive.  Maybe it is a better quality print as it is a 'digital print'?  Not sure what kind of print it was in the early 1990s?

My one is signed by Mr Bolland and I think I obtained it a Camden Comic Mart though I'm not a 100% sure on that....

I will measure it at the weekend and try and take some photos of if it.

I hate the thought of having to post it as I do not want to roll it up and put it in a tube but if I post it flat I can not believe it will not be creased up in some way.

As it is an early 1990's item I'm sure there is some foxing to it?  Must check it....

If anyone is interested or can offer some additional info please contact me or post on here! 

Many thanks

matty_ae

I've got one of a number of Brett Ewins signed prints available from late 80s/early 90s.

I've heard separately that Tom Frame produced them so if that's the case, it's possible your cover print was produced at the same time.

The GOSH prints were signed by BB at the Cursed Earth HC release and haven't sold out to this day even at a quite reasonable £25. To put that in context 'Gaze into the face of Dredd' print sold out at £100 and is still being sought.

So you've got something interesting but it's probably not materially worth more than the GOSH print unless like you say its substancially bigger.

EddieHitler

Thanks for the info Matty!

I will measure and take snaps at the weekend for anyone interested?

I really should know if it's A3, etc but for some reason can not visualise the different sizes at the mo apart from A4 of course lol

Not to worried if it's not worth all that much just hoping to sell it (get rid of it lol) just having a clear out.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Geoff

Quote from: matty_ae on 21 March, 2019, 10:55:59 PM
The GOSH prints were signed by BB at the Cursed Earth HC release and haven't sold out to this day even at a quite reasonable £25.

I don't think the prints on sale now are signed by the great man! There were 100 signed and numbered prints available on the day and I think they sold out...

EddieHitler

I have photos but of course I need to re-size them as there too big.....don't hold your breath...

EddieHitler

EddieHitler

Is it possible to reduce the size of a picture (less than 256kb required I think) so that I can attach it to this post without having to download a piece of software?  Can I use the settings I currently have as standard?  It's Windows Vista....and yes I know lol

I apologise as I'm not very good at IT.

Many thanks

I, Cosh

You can upload it to something like imgur and then just late a link.
We never really die.

EddieHitler