Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

maryanddavid

QuoteI suspect not, to be honest - the first two pages are fully coloured but the rest appear to be like this one; partial B&W, partial grey tones on the printed page (presumably indicating that, like the page you have, they're also partially coloured).

I think it well may have been the case, 'stop colouring'. The change from monthly to weekly came very late in the day.

Skullmo

More likely, you are only getting paid black and white rates - stop colouring!
:D

Spikes

malak brood

Simon Beigh

Ah Logan... Poor old sod. Lovely page JJ. But I win. Yep, I now have pages from each of "the big 4" artists of the Day of Chaos saga as I collected my Henry Flint page from Wake today from "The Day's After".

"Whatever I did it wasn't enough..."

Dan Francisco has had enough, and resigns as Chief Judge in a dramatic manner - ripping off his badge of office... The Council beg Dredd to stay, but he also resigns. The end of an era in Mega City One, and thus begin the post Day of Chaos storylines...

Spikes

Ah, a lovely, lovely page that, SB.
Plenty of Joe in it, and love that top panel, showing the ruined vista of MC1.
So pretty much everthing you'd want from a Flint DoC page, ...and its nearly as good as mine,  ;)

Congrats on snagging this, and just a 'Bagwell' left to go, to round off the DoC tribute galleries!

Dr Feeley Good

This Dean Ormston cover will be up on ebay later in the week.......

hippynumber1

Had this sitting around for a while now so thought I'd show it off. It still needs a little restoration work (in progress)...

Skullmo

Sideshow Bob

Yes, a very nice page,  Mark...

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Just added 16 pages of art to my CAF. I wont also add them here as that would be overkill! But come over and have a look at my gallery.

There is some new Hicklenton Nemesis, some Ezquerra ABC and more Mick Austin!

And I love knowing peoples thoughts on the art so feel free to comment!
Click my little globe to be whisked there!

Sideshow Bob

Just had a look, Skullmo and got to say,  some really great stuff there..... :D

For me ( along with the Nemesis pieces,  and the Dredd by Karl Richardson and the fabulous Bisley), the 'stand out' piece is the 2000AD Yearbook back cover......No doubt other folks have mentioned it, but that is just an astonishing piece of artwork !!... :D

When I first looked at it,  I thought it was a 'model figurine'  sitting on top of the artwork, and was actually saying to myself   " I can't believe he's even got a cup of tea sitting on top of his artwork " before realising......... Dohh !!.... :-[    ......I didn't even realise ( till later ) the pencils weren't real either !!

On even closer inspection, it's just an absolutely amazing piece.....A real trompe l'oeil.....Wonderful, wonderful stuff.
Cheers and Thanks for sharing....
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

:D Glad you like it. I am really pleased to own that one, especially as I love Mick Austin's art. It really is a Mick Grail!

:D

Skullmo

. . . . . . . . new page   . . . . . coming soon

:lol: (worst teaser ever)