Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - FIRST STILL FROM DREDD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 19 November, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

Quote from: KarlUrbanschin on 19 November, 2010, 05:27:37 PM
I thought the film was going to be faithful to the character?

Perhaps you should write a full report on the alt.comics site about why you're not happy.

locustsofdeath!

Well I don't think many of us here will be too upset about slight changes in Dredd's uniform if the film is a good/great one.

Edit: I guess I might sound like a hypocrite for posting that if you are familiar with my posts about *cough*Conan*cough*.

Steve Green

Apples and Oranges, what Dan did for Minty, great as it is - is not necessarily the right fit for a broader appeal movie.

That said, the helmet looks too big IMHO.

Professor Bear

I'm not sold on that at all - it looks more like a chunky superhero costume.  Christian Bale had a headpiece that looked like it was eating his face for two very successful Batman films, so I don't imagine the helmet/Urban's chin ratio will be an issue.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: uncle fester on 19 November, 2010, 05:30:40 PM

Perhaps you should write a full report on the alt.comics site about why you're not happy.

Yes, he should! Then he should print it out, nail it to a frisbee and then fling it over a rainbow.

(Thank Bernard Black for that great line!)

-- Mike

bluemeanie

Does it look better than this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4386307946_ca9284b63f.jpg

As an exact copy of the comic version, made for a movie set in the comics universe? No.
But does the Batsuit in The Dark Knight look ANYTHING like the comic one? No. The one from Batman : Dead End is WAAAY closer.But thats for a short "homage" movie, not a full film where they are going to put their own spin on it.

For the movie they are making, based on the script I read, this works. And it'll work better for people who dont read 2000AD as well as if its only us who go and see it, it'll tank.

zombemybabynow

doen't look as good as that fan film - but that's passion (absence of) for you
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

CrazyFoxMachine

Danbo

First impressions are
A,its old school 70's Dredd,brave move.
B,helmet has the right look,just too big?
C,what i expected.
All in all could have been worse,don't hate it BUT i will need a little time to he used to it.And a shave would be nice  :)....gonna have to get reading al the early Dredds again,get into the look...
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

LARF

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 19 November, 2010, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: uncle fester on 19 November, 2010, 05:30:40 PM

Yes, he should! Then he should print it out, nail it to a frisbee and then fling it over a rainbow.

(Thank Bernard Black for that great line!)

-- Mike

:lol:

Dreddzilla

I won't lie, It is not what I was expecting.
But That's not a bad thing.
I Like it. :thumbsup:
But I agree the helmets a tad to big, other then that good job Jock.

SmallBlueThing

Ooh. Im not sure about that! First impressions: helmet's too big, and i dont like the contours of the red line around it. However, as someone who is very excited that brendan macarthy is back drawing dredd, im not going to worry too much about oddly shaped helmets at this juncture.
The shoulderpad looks though, like it's been painted on as an afterthought, just because he's supposed to have yellow lines on his shoulder. Doesnt appear to serve any function. And not sure they've got the number of links in the chain right (WAYDAMINNIT!!)
Looking forward to seeing the rest of it, but my internal nerdjury is still out.
SBT

LARF

Lightened the image and cleaned it up a bit

James Stacey

Jurys out for me at the mo. I don't particularly like it, but I'll wait to see what it looks like in full. Yeah the helmet is big on him, looks like it will pull down well as a respirator tho

uncle fester

But LARF you've completely ruined it now! You've taken away everything from the character! And you said you would consult John Wagner! How could you?