General Chat > Games

Evercade Console

<< < (2/3) > >>

Link Prime:
Just noticed that Evercade will be launching a VS console in November, prices starting at less than a ton; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evercade-VS-Retro-Starter-Pack/dp/B095Z17NFT/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=evercade+console&qid=1629808568&sr=8-3

I've been impressed with this overall, a great range of aneurysm-inducing-difficulty games available to *enjoy* all over again.

Link Prime:
Zool is back.

https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/gremlin-collection-1/

IndigoPrime:
Depressing cart from my standpoint, mind. For me, Gremlin was all about the 8-bits: Monty Mole; Jack the Nipper; Trailblazer. And on Amiga, Lotus, Super Cars and Switchblade were tops.

Of the most recent announcements, Jaleco 2 most aligns with my likes – some quite good shooters and the excellent (if slow down prone) Rod Land. And Morphcat looks pretty solid too.

Link Prime:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 May, 2022, 04:10:22 PM ---Depressing cart from my standpoint, mind. For me, Gremlin was all about the 8-bits: Monty Mole; Jack the Nipper; Trailblazer. And on Amiga, Lotus, Super Cars and Switchblade were tops.

--- End quote ---

They will surely release another volume - hopefully it ticks a few off your Gremlin wish-list.

As a complete aside - would you have any background knowledge on the commercial success or otherwise of the Evercade, IP?
I really dig what they are doing, and have even bought some cartridges I have little interest in just to support the endeavour.

IndigoPrime:
For me, this cart scratches no retro itch. I don’t like any of the games on it. As for inside info: nope. I’ve reviewed both units but that’s it. I think we can infer from their existence (as in, that there was a follow-up) that sales must be at least OK. The ecosystem appears to have a strong following. It does appear, though, that the tendency is towards more obscure licenses. It’s a pity there’s no Namco Arcade or Taito Arcade cart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version