General Chat > Games

Where to buy PS5

(1/2) > >>

Magnetica:
Much to my surprise we have decided to buy a PS5 for the family.

Only problem is it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Apart from some on Amazon for circa £300 to £400 above list price.

Does anyone have any advice on how to actual buy one? (I’m after the Standard Edition, not the Digital Edition).

MumboJimbo:
You could follow a Twitter account like @PS5StockAlertUK that notifies when various UK retailers get new stock drops.

Also, Discord is another thing that people use, but I don’t know how to do that, personally.

The Enigmatic Dr X:

stockinformer.co.uk.

Sign up for their discord.  They message when stock is available. It's free, reliable and how I got one

Magnetica:
So I ended up getting a Switch instead.

I have seen a review saying it’s not as powerful as PS4 but as I’m upgrading from a PS2, it all seems great to me.

My son was worried that Star Wars: the Skywalker Saga wouldn’t be as good on here as PS5, but frankly I don’t see how much different it could be.

My daughter only wanted Animal Crossing and Mario, so she is happy.

And a feature, I had completely ignored, I think will actually turn out to be a game changer for me, is playing in hand held mode whilst others watch TV.

And what is way better that other hand held devices, is it’s the same version of the game as the console, and the same instance of your game (i.e. it is literally the same).

Quick question: I see you can get a GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas triple pack for Switch, with upgraded graphics and a different targeting mechanism. Question is, is it worth it, or should I stick with the PS2 versions?

MumboJimbo:

--- Quote from: Magnetica on 22 April, 2022, 09:46:05 AM ---
Quick question: I see you can get a GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas triple pack for Switch, with upgraded graphics and a different targeting mechanism. Question is, is it worth it, or should I stick with the PS2 versions?

--- End quote ---

At launch those GTA ports were a shitty, buggy mess lacking the atmosphere of the originals. I think they’ve improved a bit since then, but the frame rate, on the Switch in particular, is appalling. If you’re lucky enough to have the PS2 originals, I’d say stick with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version